Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV Airplay function not working

(Topic created on: 20-05-2019 03:02 PM)
hud123
Student
Options

I have just gotten a new update on my samsung tv 2018 version, there is additional menu "Airplay settings", however although its "on", my mac doest detect the airplay display. Both mac and tv are on the same WIFI as I can use chromecast.

I have tried to plug off the tv and turn on again, still the same, I am on update 1251.

TV Model : UA49NU7100

Any idea?

Go to solution
109 REPLIES 109
chetanna
First Poster
Options

I'm having similar issues, my 2020 samsung smart tv has refused to screen mirror my 2020 macbook pro for the last 2 months eventhough this feauture used to work prior.

Solomon
First Poster
Options

I reset my TV and restarted/setup directly from the SmartThings app on my phone, and it allowed AirPlay to work from both my phone and my Mac. I hope this works for you! 

0 Likes
Diggidydave
First Poster
Options

This is the solution that worked for me as well on Q90. Airplay worked only intermittently. Enabled IP remote and instantly fixed.

0 Likes
tpverma02
First Poster
Options

I have struggled to start airplay with my iPhone to Samsung Smart TV QLED Q70T from 1 month and not success as always screen freezes and photo or video stopped screen mirroring.

There after I have found solution by hit and trial that is use 2.4GHz band of your Wifi router for connecting TV as well as iphone or ipad.

Now problem is resolved, Airplay working now flawlessly for complete details please visit by post:

https://newtechworld.net/screen-mirror-iphone-to-samsung-smart-tv/

0 Likes
chaver4u
First Poster
Options

Very, very disappointed with the problems streaming via Airplay to my brand-new Samsung Q67AA50. The sound stutters or interrupts for 5-15 seconds, and the image also freezes from time to time. I tried the dozen suggestions in this thread: no improvement, no change, nothing.

I used an LG 6300YVB for 4 years, but its screen suddenly dimmed and became useless. With the LG I had absolutely no Airplay issues. Also, the LG interface is better than Samsung's, I must say.

I hate it, but I now place a remote speaker next to the TV to have at least the sound from my MacBook, though the sound is now not fully in sync with the images.

Will Samsung do something about this......???

0 Likes
CescoAiel
Student
Options

I got an el cheapo android TV box and connected it to my TheFrame, Airplay works flawless on that, so it is total and utter incompetence at Samsung they cannot get simple sh*t like that working!

0 Likes
chaver4u
First Poster
Options

Can you explain how an android TV box works with Airplay?

0 Likes
CescoAiel
Student
Options

There's several apps in the Play Store that provide an AirPlay endpoint server. I don't recall from the top of my head which one I have installed, but it's one of the more popular ones... Not free, but just a few bucks, so peanuts compared to the TV or the Android settop box...

0 Likes
chaver4u
First Poster
Options

Txs for the info, but I remain confused.

There are tons of Airplay server apps, but what confuses me is that some are to mirror from an iPhone to a TV and others that mirror from a TV to an iPhone or Mac. I downloaded a bunch to try, but none mirror from a Mac to a TV, which is what I am looking for.

My Mac used to mirror my Mac photos, videos, presentations, music, etc. without a problem to my previous LG Smart TV using built in Airplay in both my Mac and TV. But now I have a Samsung TV, and it is horrible using Airplay: stuttering or no sound, freezing images, and when it works, the sound and images do not sync on the TV.

Is there anything available to simply do what I need: from my Mac to my Samsung TV?

0 Likes
QPRfan
First Poster
Options

I have a new UE50TU7020    and unlike my  1 year old 43 inch Samsung, Apple Airplay refused to play.  In trying to 'cast' Apple Fitness from my iPhone, the phone could see the TV and all went as it should until the Fitness session was supposed to show on the TV.  All I got was a spinning wheel.

Having tried everthing suggested on this long thread (and others) nothing would fix the issue.

So I got onto Samsung support Chat.  I only waited about 1 min to get through.  Long story short.  They remotely connected to the TV and ultimately factory reset the TV

I then re enabled Apple Airplay in the TVs Settings.  And Voila it worked!

So if all else fails, try a full factory reset of the TV

0 Likes