Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s95b motion judder

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 08:51 PM)
Ali54
Apprentice
Options

After updating to 1420.9 the motion has become very bad on horizontal paning the picture starts tearing because of motion judder 

5 REPLIES 5
River_Song
Apprentice
Options

I’m having the same problem. Most shows are fine but so far on Netflix The Crown and The Circle are really bad, and Doctor Who on HBO. If I turn off picture clarity completely it’s worse. If I put it on custom with blur reduction at 6 and judder reduction at 5 it’s better but still obvious enough to be distracting. I tried turning both up to 10 but didn’t see a difference from 5 to 10 so I went back down to 5 otherwise you get the soap opera effect everyone hates. It’s worst if the screen pans across a large scene. It stutters every quarter of a second. My 2018 LG OLED didn’t have this problem so I’m pretty upset that I paid so much for this “upgrade”. 

lancejo87
Student
Options

Thank goodness I’m not the only one. I only got the TV on Boxing Day and updated the software straight away. Has been doing my head in and thought I’d bought a dud TV. Let’s hope for a fix in the next update!

lancejo87
Student
Options

I think I may have fixed my issue. I realized it was only occurring on my Apple TV, not on other inputs or with the TV’s built in apps. Settings on the Apple TV were sending a 50Hz signal. once I changed it to a 60Hz signal it seems to have fixed it.

AlonGoodBoy
Apprentice
Options

In 60fps motion is very good and smooth. On lower fps content (24/30 which most movies are) there are noticible artifacts on fast moving contrasty objects in firmware 1420 when judder reduction in turned on.
This is how it looks on a judder test on my tv: https://youtu.be/qbieXwt-I2w  (the test footage is at https://youtu.be/zFQdMXUFZqM)
It's less noticeable on regular content but still pops out here and there and it's quite annoying.  Hope Samsung fixes this soon cause otherwise the TV is beautiful.

River_Song
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Where in the AppleTV did you change the settings? I don’t see anywhere that mentions Hz. There’s something that says “match content” and you have two options to turn on (they are currently off): Match Dynamic Range, or Match Frame Rate

My LG tv that the Samsung replaced didn’t do this and the same AppleTV was hooked up to it so that makes it seem like an issue with the TV.  

0 Likes