Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q90R 2019 - REPLACEMENT

(Topic created on: 02-03-2023 02:31 PM)
iae142
Student
Options

Hello,

I am after some advise on what a fair TV replacement is for a damaged Q90R 55' 2019. 

Basically, I have moved home and the removal company has damaged my TV whilst transporting it. Since the 2019 model is not available anymore to purchase, their insurance company are taking into account the fact that the TV is 3 Years old and are offering me to replace it for the Samsung QN85A 2021. Would you say this is a fair deal or would you push for a different model?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @iae142  I think that is a reasonable offer for a 2019 model. Understand that a 2022 set would be more appealing but insurance unlikely to be that generous.  As far as the QN85A goes the reviews are pretty positive generally. one here, obviously can be somewhat subjective.  https://www.techradar.com/reviews/samsung-qn85a-neo-qled-4k-tv 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

iae142
Student
Options

Hi James4578, thank you for your reply. 

I have tried an pushed for the 2022 model but as you have suggested they are not going for that and have advised this is their best offer. 

I just wanted to put this out there before accepting it, but as you said I also believe it is a reasonable offer. However, still dissapointed to have had my TV damaged as I pretty much loved the Q90R model. 

I hope the QN85A can live up to it. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@iae142   Fine,  certainly  no harm in striving for best replacement but in this case I thought a 2022 model may be unachievable.  Hopefully QN85A impressive enough,pity Q90R was damaged though. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes