Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 05:41 PM)
Alinux
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have two Q70R TVs, one 55'' (QE55Q70RATXXH) and one 65'' (QE65Q70RATXXH). When I turn either of the TVs off using the remote it turns back on by itself after 10-20 seconds about 60% of the times. I tried all the suggestions found here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Samsung-Q70R-TV-turns-on-by-itself/td-p/827155 and none of them fixes the issue.

I am running the latest firmware version on both TVs, one is connected only to the Wifi and cable TV, the other is connected via LAN cable, the cable TV and to my PS4.

It usually happens when I turn the TVs off after I use Netflix and Youtube apps on the TV for a longer time (more than a couple of minutes) and when it turns back on by itself the apps are closed and I am presented with whatever cable station was last used.

I repeat, I have TWO Q70R TVs bough months apart, one is the 55'' model and the other is 65'', both running the latest firmware, reset to factory defaults, disabled HDMI CEC, disabled remote control etc.

It seems this is a known problem and happens to a variety of Samsung Smart TVs. The thread in the link has 12 pages and counting.

Anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Alinux
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm that the problem is solved. After the Samsung technician upgraded the main board component firmware remotely the problems appear to be gone.

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Any chance to be related to "Smarthings" app ? For a while , every time i was coming home from work , the TV would turn on by itself because i had installed the app on my phone and i've messed with it for a bit.
0 Likes
Alinux
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I’ve only used the app to do the initial setup, I have it on my phone but I never use it.

0 Likes
Alinux
Journeyman
Options

Also tried removing the batteries off both remotes and using the phone to shut down the tvs. Same problem. Also tried disabling smart features, same problem. Anyone else found a solution to this? Samsung support page gives me an error when I try to submit a support request... So, yeah...

0 Likes
SqzBox
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with my Q70R. I use YouTube TV and have a Roku Box connected to the HDMI connection. I have to exit the YouTube TV app on the Roku Box before shutting it off or it will come back on again in about 20 seconds. It will do it occasionally even when I exit all the Roku app. 

0 Likes
basarbulut
Apprentice
Options

Hi Alinux. I had the same issue on my q70r tv. I have tried everything they say in the forums. But none of them are usefull. This is because the mainboard of the tv is buggy. I demanded Samsung Service to change my tv's mainboard. And then everything is good untill now.(6 months passed). It never turned on itself again.

Alinux
Journeyman
Options

What are the chances of both tvs mainboards being defective? They are the same model, only different sizes and bought 8 months apart.

0 Likes
basarbulut
Apprentice
Options

All mainboards of these series are buggy. There are thousands of people having the same issue. The service told me so. 

SqzBox
Apprentice
Options

How did you get them to agree to replace the main circuit board? I have multiple problems with my Q70r including slow wireless speed, lots of buffering when using Samsung apps, loss of sound that requires unplugging the TV, etc. 

basarbulut
Apprentice
Options

:smiling-face: Believe me it was not easy. But they had to do so  on my excessive insistence. They had to come and visit me several times. I never give up if I am right. At the end they saw that I am right.

0 Likes