Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 05:41 PM)
Alinux
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have two Q70R TVs, one 55'' (QE55Q70RATXXH) and one 65'' (QE65Q70RATXXH). When I turn either of the TVs off using the remote it turns back on by itself after 10-20 seconds about 60% of the times. I tried all the suggestions found here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Samsung-Q70R-TV-turns-on-by-itself/td-p/827155 and none of them fixes the issue.

I am running the latest firmware version on both TVs, one is connected only to the Wifi and cable TV, the other is connected via LAN cable, the cable TV and to my PS4.

It usually happens when I turn the TVs off after I use Netflix and Youtube apps on the TV for a longer time (more than a couple of minutes) and when it turns back on by itself the apps are closed and I am presented with whatever cable station was last used.

I repeat, I have TWO Q70R TVs bough months apart, one is the 55'' model and the other is 65'', both running the latest firmware, reset to factory defaults, disabled HDMI CEC, disabled remote control etc.

It seems this is a known problem and happens to a variety of Samsung Smart TVs. The thread in the link has 12 pages and counting.

Anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks!

Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Alinux
Journeyman
Options

I added a support request in my Samsung account, hopefully my TVs are still covered by warranty. I was foolish to think this will be fixed in a firmware update. No more Samsung products for me in the future!

basarbulut
Apprentice
Options

Don't think like that. I also thought like you. I really struggled a lot. Samsung devices are fine but in every country they have different service policies. The wort thing is that they think we are stupid. They bother us knowing that tv will not be repaired. ( stupid settings, firmware update, software update.....). They do know the real problem but they dont accept. So we struggle....

Alinux
Journeyman
Options

Had a remote support session with a local Samsung support engineer, they remotely upgraded a main board component firmware, apparently it is a known issue. Will let you know if that fixes the problem.

0 Likes
SqzBox
Apprentice
Options

How do you set up a  remote session? On the Samsung website, it doesn't show an option for a remote session, only an in-home visit.

0 Likes
Solution
Alinux
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm that the problem is solved. After the Samsung technician upgraded the main board component firmware remotely the problems appear to be gone.

HarryB3
First Poster
Options

Do we need to call support to set up this remote session? 

0 Likes
Scott33
First Poster
Options

I’ve had this issue like a lot of u . Today trying to fix I may have on accident came up with a solution. I tried unplugging and then holding down the power button for 30 sec, didn’t work . So then I hit the bouton repeatedly probably 20 straight times. The tv was on after all that and I then hit one more time and  then it turned off and stayed. All I can say is it was very frustrating and how great it feels to have fixed the problem. I hope this works for others as it seems to b a big problem . Feel free to thank me if it works for u . I want to b famous lol.

good luck all

0 Likes