Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame TV 2022 audio-sync issues after Art-mode fix

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 01:31 PM)
Ehv_Nils
Apprentice
Options

In the past weeks, an issue existed with the Art-mode of 2022 Frame TV’s. This issue meant that the TV’s could no longer leave Art-mode without using a work-around (using the smartphone-app or voice control on the remote). The issue was fixed by Samsung via a software+update.

However … I now see multiple users (including me) experiencing sync-issues with audio in Netflix, HBO Max, YouTube etc. These issues mean that (in my case) I need to press pause/play every couple of minutes to re-sync. And that is not OK. 

The initial Art-mode issue is now marked as solved. So, to not let this new issue be buried somewhere, I would like to give/get some extra attention to the current issue and ask Samsung also for a fix for this one. 

Again this is not how such an expensive TV should work (or any TV b.t.w.)  so a short-term fix is highly appreciated. 

Link to previous issue: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/new-the-frame-tv-2022-stuck-in-art-mode-and-other-issues/m-p/...

63 REPLIES 63
djorr5
First Poster
Options

Following as I have the same issue. 65 inch Frame

0 Likes
SFTV101
Explorer
Options

My issue came back yet again.  I have seen this use case before but never wrote about it:  when watching a series and after completion of an episode it automatically goes to the next episode. This is yet another use case where the dialogue goes out of sync.  I'm hoping the quarter wits at the company pick up on this but I have zero faith in them (calling them half-wits is giving too much credit).  Please no one suggest updating the software.  We're way beyond that.  

0 Likes
moldyspore
Apprentice
Options

The lack of response or even acknowledgement from Samsung is really informing my next TV purchase. I'm due to upgrade several TVs in my house and relatives houses in the coming year, and I am almost certainly going LG at this point. It is completely unacceptable to not only have such a widespread issue, but to not even acknowledge a forum full of customers who paid their hard earned money for faulty, poorly programmed TVs.

I used to love Samsung, but this whole experience has soured my view of them beyond repair.

SFTV101
Explorer
Options

Samsung simply doesn't care.  I suspect that the only thing that would move the needle is public social shaming of them but even if that does make them fix the issue, it won't change their flawed failing corporate culture which allowed this to go on unaddressed for so long in the first place.  I've written this before, they're a hardware company that is so arrogant in their old school sales first mindset that they do the absolute minimum when it comes to everything and they think software is secondary or even lower, just a final nail to be hammered.  I'd bet they put more thought, resources, and effort on the box that the TV comes in.   

sect0r
First Poster
Options

I bought 2 85 frames and a 75 frame that are still within return time period.  Please address this issue immediately or I will return them and go with LG or Sony.  This has been months now.  I disabled Samsung Plus and it lessened the occurances but it has not been eliminated completely. 

0 Likes
SFTV101
Explorer
Options

I wish I could return mine.  It never occurred to me that in 2022/3 a TV could have problems this bad.  You'd do us all a favor if you return them as sadly doing the right thing for the customer doesn't matter to these incompetent apathetic drones.  The only way this monolith will notice or burn a single calorie fixing anything is if they have enough financial loss.  Clearly, they have no sense of duty or shame - otherwise, this issue would've been fixed long ago.  

0 Likes
ShallowMan
Journeyman
Options

I no longer have the sync issue, but the 2022 Frame is as buggy as hell. I use a soundbar in e-arc mode but the TV often reverts to TV volume instead of the soundbar. I have a PS4 (HDMI1)  shortcut on the home screen that often disappears after a Samsung update. My previous TV, which I bought in 2014, was also a Samsung and it's now in my bedroom and I've never had a problem with it. It just works. Whereas this is the second Frame TV in two years. The first one had a complete failure and was replaced with the 2022 version under warranty. Since having the 2022 Frame it's just one bug after another. Samsung really need to get their software updates and quality control improved ASAP.

0 Likes
SFTV101
Explorer
Options

There are only 5 possible explanations for this awful software: 

1. Laziness
  2. Apathy
  3. Cheap - unwilling to pay talent or allocate resources 
  4. Incompetence 
  5. A combination of the above
0 Likes
Carl3751
First Poster
Options

purchased 2022  55” frame 1/23. out of sync in all apps nearly all the time. Factory reset helped for a few hours only. Unplugged and replugged also worked a short time. Very frustrating!!

0 Likes
The Frame1
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with audio delay. Also streaming channels stopping and syncing wheel appears IF it restarts, the problem keeps reoccurring. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes