Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung BD-J5900 blue-ray player

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 11:57 AM)
RichardJ
First Poster
Options

Hi help needed

My blue ray will not connect to my new sky q router it find my wifi and i type in password but will not connect i tried via an ethernet cable wired connection and that worked

Tried it again and no luck my samsung tv series 5500 connected by wifi no problems along with all my other devices 

Any ideas or is a faulty dvd or a Samsung problem thanks Richard 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RichardJ wrote:

Hi help needed

My blue ray will not connect to my new sky q router it find my wifi and i type in password but will not connect i tried via an ethernet cable wired connection and that worked

Tried it again and no luck my samsung tv series 5500 connected by wifi no problems along with all my other devices 

Hi @RichardJ  Whilst it has not been updated for a while I woukd check you have the latest firmware 1020.1  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/BD-J5900/XU/ 

Firstly you could reset the Bluray  to factoy settings by holding in the Eject Button for approxmiately 8 seconds till it reloads.  If this does not solve it several things you can try such as unplugging the device for around 5 minutes,  resetting the router  and changing the wifi channel. I have the same router myself though not this player, at default the 2 wifi frequencies are  synchronised so you could desynchronise by unticking the Box  and changing the SSID of either the 2.4 or 5.0  GHz Band.   You access the Router's Admin by typing 192.168.0.1   User name is Admin and if you have not changed it password is Sky (advisable to change later though)

This is how these settings look in the Router Admin  (obviously I have omitted any personal details):

2.4 GHz Wireless Settings

Placement of your Sky Hub to Optimise Wireless Connectivity

The range of your wireless signal can vary significantly based on where you locate your Sky Hub in your home. For best results place your Sky Hub:

• In a central location if you will have several devices connecting to it wirelessly
  • Away from potential sources of interference e.g. microwaves, baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Away from electrical equipment e.g. fluorescent lighting, fans with a motor
  • Away from large metal surfaces

Try your Sky Hub in different locations to find the best position and keep your Sky Hub horizontal. If you install your Sky Hub in a non-optimal location or stand it vertically, it may result in reduced performance.

Wireless Network

Wireless Access Point

Security Options

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RichardJ wrote:

Hi help needed

Hi @RichardJ  Whilst it has not been updated for a while I woukd check you have the latest firmware 1020.1  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/BD-J5900/XU/ 

Firstly you could reset the Bluray  to factoy settings by holding in the Eject Button for approxmiately 8 seconds till it reloads.  If this does not solve it several things you can try such as unplugging the device for around 5 minutes,  resetting the router  and changing the wifi channel. I have the same router myself though not this player, at default the 2 wifi frequencies are  synchronised so you could desynchronise by unticking the Box  and changing the SSID of either the 2.4 or 5.0  GHz Band.   You access the Router's Admin by typing 192.168.0.1   User name is Admin and if you have not changed it password is Sky (advisable to change later though)

This is how these settings look in the Router Admin  (obviously I have omitted any personal details):

2.4 GHz Wireless Settings

Placement of your Sky Hub to Optimise Wireless Connectivity

The range of your wireless signal can vary significantly based on where you locate your Sky Hub in your home. For best results place your Sky Hub:

• In a central location if you will have several devices connecting to it wirelessly
  • Away from potential sources of interference e.g. microwaves, baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Away from electrical equipment e.g. fluorescent lighting, fans with a motor
  • Away from large metal surfaces

Try your Sky Hub in different locations to find the best position and keep your Sky Hub horizontal. If you install your Sky Hub in a non-optimal location or stand it vertically, it may result in reduced performance.

Wireless Network

Wireless Access Point

Security Options

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.