Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4K TV Dangerously hot in the corner

(Topic created on: 08-04-2019 11:37 AM)
Simon36
First Poster
Options

Hello, my Samsung 4K flat screen tv has developed a dangerously hot glow in the right hand bottom corner of the screen and a large vertical shadow has appeared. The corner is so hot that I fear it will melt and set fire. I can’t use the television now which cost over £600 just over 2 years ago. This seems to be a common manufacturing error that hasn’t been addressed properly with a product recall. 

Can anyone please advise on a solution through Samsung? I’ve been directed by them to a servicing company but they want to charge me for inspecting the television. 

Many thanks 

Simon 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @Simon36 . Doesn't sound good that. I'd like to look into this one for you. Can you shoot me a PM with your customer reference number and contact details?

0 Likes
Kelly77
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with my 4K curved TV. Vertical shadow, whole bottom panel hot to the touch!! Under 2 years old!! This is a serious problem and it does not seem like Samsung is taking it seriously! I was told my TV is not under warranty!! What will it take a fire with casualties? 😡

0 Likes
Simon36
First Poster
Options

Hi Kelly 

Samsung replaced my screen quickly after I mentioned the seriousness of the issue. Their approved engineers came to the house. I’d try again because it’s a potential hazard. I’m sure they’ll help you if it’s the same issue I had. Try messaging the guy who replied to me. 
cheers

Simon 

0 Likes
Mayank27
First Poster
Options

Hello Samsung

I have recently purchased Samsung 85 inch TV. Model no QE85QN95CATXXU. My TV is hardly 4 month old and it started getting very hot from one side of TV. I have also heard like cracking noise yesterday. Since then I stop using TV. I am really worried that this TV will catch fire as it getting so hot. Can Samsung please let me know to do with this as it just 4 month old tv.

Thanks

0 Likes