Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

**Samsung 2020 Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)**

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 03:49 PM)
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Good afternoon. 

ive recently purchased a Q90T. I came from a 2015 Samsung which had no frame rate issues at all. 

The Q90T is great in every way apart from when watching Freesat or Now TV. Both of these broadcast in 50hz/50p. So I assume it’s something to do with this frame rate. 

what happens is that when there is a small amount of motion on screen such as an interview or no panning etc then the screen shows something similar to the frame rate dropping in half and everything stuttering. Once motion picks up or shot pans around then it goes back to normal. 

I had all picture clarity settings set to off but I then played around with settings such as judder reduction and blur reduction etc to see if I could eliminate the stutter but nothing works. 

its really bad watching football on free sat or now tv as it’s stutters quite a lot. 

weirdly, not all programmes stutter. I’ve watched some catch up tv on now tv as well as movies and these show perfectly without any stuttering and all content on Netflix etc are all fine as well. 

I am on the latest firmware. 

any ideas if this is common or if there is a fix as nothing I’ve tried works. 

thank you 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Ok. We have a fix!!!!!!! 

latest version of firmware is 2200.9 and went live on 7/2/22.  Lots of us over at AV forums have given it a go and to our surprise the motion problems we faced has vanished. 

sport and over broadcast programs such as news and quiz shows that faced the problem is now silky smooth. 

The tv is now a joy to watch (only took 15 months or so) and no game mode required. 

it appears Samsung fixed it with a ‘silent’ update of sorts as this fix is not mentioned anywhere in the change log that we could see anyway. 

anyway. Anyone still having issues. Give this firmware a go and hopefully it works out for you as well 👍😀

View solution in context

477 REPLIES 477
Wentey
First Poster
Options

I have the same TV and I’m having exactly the same issues I’ve read some reviews that this is a known issue with Samsung’s Qleds?

Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Thanks for confirming this. At least I know it’s not just my tv affected now as well. I don’t think the stuttering we have is normal. In another forum I asked the question and a few people with last years Q90R responded and they said they don’t have this issue at all once picture clarity settings were set to off. So to me the fact that even doing that doesn’t fix it seems there must be a software issue causing this on certain programs broadcast in 50p. 

I wasn’t able to check if the issue occurred prior to 1304 firmware as I updated whilst setting up tv. Do you happen to know if issue has occurred on all firmware versions?

hopefully we will get a fix as it’s very frustrating. Apart from that the tv is excellent. 

QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

Same here for Q95T using Sky Q.

renzz
First Poster
Options

And same here with a new Q90T which arrived a few days ago.

It looks like the deinterlacing algorithm isn't kicking in quickly enough when there's just a small amount of movement in the picture, and so you are seeing the interlaced combing effect, or judder..

I shall speak to Samsung support, but if there's no way to stop this (and it doesn't sound like there is) then mine shall be going back to John Lewis - who knows how long we'd have to wait for a fix?

QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

@ChrisM Could you kindly look into this for us please? I

See here:  https://www.avforums.com/threads/q90t-stutter-50p-hz.2311975/

Thanks

Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Thank you for all your replies so far. This truly is an awful issue and makes a lot of content almost unwatchable due to this. What happened to quality control? Surely a basic part of a tv is to test how the tv acts given the various content it will show from tv programmes. 

It’s the most money I’ve ever paid out for on a tv and at moment my old 5 year old Samsung has better motion control on this content as it never suffered with this issue. This is meant to be a flagship tv!!

please please please Samsung, read these comments being posted and raise with the software engineers for the T series of QLED TVS. 

Who is ChrisM??

QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

ChrisM is a mod on here who deals with Samsung direct. 

QuantumP
Pathfinder
Options

People who are having this issue, see here: https://www.avforums.com/threads/q90t-stutter-50p-hz.2311975/

Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Ah I see. Yes please if ChrisM is a moderator then can this be highlighted as quite a major issue. I understand that the main market in USA prob won’t be affected as the broadcast is 60hz I believe. Whereas the people facing the issue will be mainly in U.K. and Europe as the tv is broadcast in 50hz and it seems to be that is the issue. 

0 Likes