Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsing Q60T 75 inch rapidly turns on and off

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 02:29 PM)
Malofaro
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Q60T 75 inch that I purchased in Sept 2020 rapidly powers off to a black screen, then reverts to a backlight back screen every 2 seconds or so. The only way to stop it from doing this is to unplug the TV power cord. Once the cord is plugged back in, it starts over again. Trying to turn the TV on/off using the power button on the TV or remote does nothing. I have:

- plugged the TV directly into the wall outlet

- utilized different outlets

- unplugged all HDMI/USB plugs going into the TV

- changed the power cord

- left the power cord disconnect for more than 60 secs then plugged back in. 

Nothing seems to work. Is there any other troubleshooting I can do at my level? The remote is useless at this point, I cannot complete a cold boot and I do not have the option of updating the software or getting to the menu screen (screen doesn't stay on long enough). Please help! 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Malofaro: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. It sounds as though you have attempted most of the basic troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, however can you confirm if the standby light on the TV is flashing or constantly lit? Also, if the power cable is removable, do you have access to another cable that you can try to see if the issue persists? 

0 Likes
Malofaro
First Poster
Options

the standby light on the tv flashes. Every time I press the power button on the remote I can also see the power light flicker, however, the control has no function on the TV at this point. I have changed out the power cable with another cable. I even turned off the wifi in my house to see if the internet was causing the issue somehow.

0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
same issue on my Q90T started today, I bought it in March.
0 Likes
Malofaro
First Poster
Options

Update: Repairman from Samsung came to fix the tv today. He replaced the motherboard, same issue, didn't fix anything. He then replaced the LED screen and that fixed the issue. He said some screens have been having an issue with an LED shorting out the screen, making it go into and endless power cycle loop.

0 Likes
katie K
First Poster
Options

In the same boat here with a q60t 50 inch tv. 

Wont stay on to do anything with it, tried all the above 

0 Likes
katie K
First Poster
Options

Purchased May 2021

0 Likes