Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50AU8000 turned off and on rapidly

(Topic created on: 21-09-2023 10:12 AM)
zvikorn
First Poster
Options

My UE50AU8000 TV suddenly started to turn off and on in a loop (every 5 seconds). Anybody knows something about it? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Check your remote
Battery's are not low
And connection
Check that none of the button's on the remote are sticking
0 Likes
zvikorn
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying. Yeah, it's not the remote. Removed the batteries. one sec before it's turning off, I can see some weird dotted lines on the screen. Looks more like related to graphic card?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @zvikorn  Sometimes loop issues can be caused by outdated software ,  do you have the latest firmware which is 2141.2 (Tv would likely say 2141 if on latest). if you do not have it can be downloaded to USB and updated that way. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE50AU8000KXXU/ 

otherwise check connections are secure,  could try a Soft Reset by holding Power Button on remote for around 5 seconds until the Tv reboots  and /or unplug for around a minute.  When you encountered the problem were you using wifi or on a Broadcast channel, if wifi would also be best to Reboot Router.   However if still experiencing these lines on the screen advisable to take Picture Test, Settings- Support-Self Diagnosis-Picture Test and see if errors are displayed.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes