Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Regional Tuning

(Topic created on: 07-11-2023 08:43 PM)
lewis-7
Apprentice
Options

Could anyone tell me how to change the region on my TV? I live close to the border of England and Wales and would like it to be permanently North West England. It defaults to Wales.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
If you're using the tuner that's built into your TV, there should be a setting in the TV that lets you change your region/postcode. You'll likely need to rescan again afterwards.

I don't have a Samsung TV so I can't give you any specific menus/settings but hopefully someone else will if you can't manage to locate them.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
Have you tried retuning it or failing that resetting it as a new TV
lewis-7
Apprentice
Options

I only bought it yesterday from Samsung direct

0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
Try this link https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/detailed-transmitter-information

It may help to see what transmittor your using and your aerial direction
Solution
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
If you're using the tuner that's built into your TV, there should be a setting in the TV that lets you change your region/postcode. You'll likely need to rescan again afterwards.

I don't have a Samsung TV so I can't give you any specific menus/settings but hopefully someone else will if you can't manage to locate them.
lewis-7
Apprentice
Options

What you say is correct but I am unable to find the setting anywhere, every other TV I have ever owned has this feature on which is easy to find. Thanks

0 Likes
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
Maybe find the factory reset option and start from the beginning then?

My LG OLED has the main options hidden behind a basic set of options. I don't know if Samsung are doing that but stuff that should be easily accessible is often hidden in sub menus and buried now.