Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random message "Recording (or Timeshift) is currently unavailable. Please check your tv and USB device and try again."

(Topic created on: 30-05-2018 04:01 PM)
John48
First Poster
Options

The message started coming up a few days ago.  Sometimes it appears at random, sometimes when I press a key, (any key) and we have never tried to record on this tv.  The message stops normal functions when it is on the screen and sometimes normal functions like power off do not work even when the message is not on screen.  I have tried a brand new remote nd that has made no difference.  How can I solve this problem?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
CarlH
Options

Hi @John48. Can you tell me the full model number of your TV? Do you currently have anything connected to the USB port? 

0 Likes
John48
First Poster
Options

The model number is UE40J5510.  We did have a cable for showing programmes from a laptop connected to a USB port but have removed that in case it was causing the error.  Actually made no difference.  Any thoughts CarlH?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Is your software up to date, @John48? The latest version is 1530.1 and is available here.

0 Likes
John48
First Poster
Options

Hi CarlH,

I'm a beginner at this so clueless how to download software onto my tv.  How can I check whay version is on there when this message keeps popping up stopping anything I do on the remote.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Oops! Apologies, I should have told you how! To do this, press Menu on your remote and go to Support > Software Uopdate. Here you can see the version and update to the latest version. If you're unable to update through this method, The previous link allows you to download the update using a USB memory stick. 

0 Likes
John48
First Poster
Options

Have downloaded to my laptop, (Mac).  Having trouble transferring it to a memory stick.  May have to wait for my son to help this weekend.  However, yesterday I did manage to Reset the tv using the remote, wouldn't that have updated the software at the same time?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @John48.

Not necessarily. Only if the updated software is available OTA (over the air). Are you able to view the current software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Katieburf
First Poster
Options

Following up on this, my UE55NU7670 is having the same issue when I try to press pause on the remote. Software is up to date - any help please? Was working a few weeks ago but suddenly stopped working! 

0 Likes
CathJ83
First Poster
Options

This has happened to mine, I am unable to resolve it, there is nothing in my USB connector, just power, signal and HDMI. I can’t change channel etc. Any ideas how to stop this? Thanks 

0 Likes