Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"UKTV Play" app

(Topic created on: 08-06-2018 07:14 PM)
filthyanimal
Journeyman
Options

Hi, is the "UKTV Play" app (an on-demand video app for Freeview UK channels like Dave,etc) available on any Samsung TVs in the UK? If so, which ones? If not, why not? Will it arrive in the future? At what date?

It's part of "Freeview Play", as supported by Panasonic, LG, JVC, Hisense, Bush and Finlux.

32 REPLIES 32
Dlawrie
First Poster
Options

I agree it should be available, such a big brand such as Samsung should not be lagging behind others when it comes to available apps 

paulpat52
First Poster
Options

Tried last night to get UKTV on samsung but failed,  if they cannot keep up with the times then when TV replacment comes in Jan we will go for another make

Chas756
First Poster
Options

I have to agree. We have a house full of Samsung products but finding it to be a big mistake as products have either failed to function correctly or get removed from sale in UK. Esp... cameras,  tv's, tablets, DVD recorders and phones. Most are due for renewal, but with Samsungs record, it looks like we will have to go elsewhere.

jha
First Poster
Options
Totally agree. The best keep up to date and don't offer 2nd rate service.
Cottesmore
First Poster
Options

Just bought a Samsung Smart TV, it is a good product (but such a shame about the apps), I am surprised it cannot even connect to programs like "Dave" because it does not have the UKPlay app. Had I realised I would probably have bought something else.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I'm aware there are no current plans for the UKTV Play on the Samsung Smart Hub,  however you will be able to access it with external devices such as Roku,Amazon Fire and  Now Tv Box/stick.  https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018/02/22/uktv-play-launches-on-now-tv-roku-streaming-devices/  Of course these channels available to those with Satellite Cable.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

itsme3
Student
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

As far as I'm aware there are no current plans for the UKTV Play on the Samsung Smart Hub,  however you will be able to access it with external devices such as Roku,Amazon Fire and  Now Tv Box/stick.  https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018/02/22/uktv-play-launches-on-now-tv-roku-streaming-devices/  Of course these channels available to those with Satellite.Cable.

thanks for the update, but thats really poor answer, we all know we can get it elsewhere but when you spend a grand on a TV you would like to hope you could get the apps you can get on a couple of hundred pound TV.  Samsung should just work with UK TV its not as if its a fly by night operation for goodness sake its owned by the BBC.  With so many poor apps on the Samsung platform maybe one customers would use would be useful.

Samsung are also one of the few who havent even bothered to add Freeview Play app, for such a major player its a bit of a shock that they are so far behind the time.  Next TV wont be Samsung if they cant keep up.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@itsme3 wrote:

@JAMES4578 wrote:

As far as I'm aware there are no current plans for the UKTV Play on the Samsung Smart Hub,  however you will be able to access it with external devices such as Roku,Amazon Fire and  Now Tv Box/stick.  https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018/02/22/uktv-play-launches-on-now-tv-roku-streaming-devices/  Of course these channels available to those with Satellite.Cable.

thanks for the update, but thats really poor answer, we all know we can get it elsewhere but when you spend a grand on a TV you would like to hope you could get the apps you can get on a couple of hundred pound TV.  Samsung should just work with UK TV its not as if its a fly by night operation for goodness sake its owned by the BBC.  With so many poor apps on the Samsung platform maybe one customers would use would be useful.

Samsung are also one of the few who havent even bothered to add Freeview Play app, for such a major player its a bit of a shock that they are so far behind the time.  Next TV wont be Samsung if they cant keep up.

Hi @itsme3, I was explaining the current situation and  possibly some people may not be aware.   However agree Samsung really should strike a deal with UK TV.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
fileYdaVe
First Poster
Options

Yes I am also going to kick out my Samsung TV. So is my son,before we both spend any more money on their products.

Message to Samsung `Try to drag yourselves into the modern world before you start to lose customers in droves.`

0 Likes