Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN90B Firmware update 1520.7 and EPG lag

(Topic created on: 16-08-2023 09:47 AM)
Raus1
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

I've updated my neoQled TV (QN90B) to the latest version dated August 8, 2023 (1520.7) and everything seems to be working fine.

I only noticed that the TV guide (EPG), which was previously opening very fast, now every time it's launched it shows the screen below never shown up before ("Loading....please wait") for about 2-3 seconds before it opens.

VideoCapture_20230815-113531.jpg

Could you please provide a new and more optimized firmware?

Additional problem on the EPG guide (but it also occurred in previous versions) is still: The EPG guide does not show all the logos of the TV stations, furthermore in many cases the logos shown refer to other channels (see highlights in the figure).

EPG.jpg

I've already tried a rescan and factory reset (several times) but the result does not change.

thx

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Raus1  Thanks for the feedback.  Glad the Tv is  still functioning   pretty well, whilst the EPG  issue may be a bit annoying hopefully will be sorted out in due course.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Boxall
Apprentice
Options

Now running 1520 (in Australia) after some auto update. Seems all good. Noticed a new game menu. 

Not sure what else has changed. No change log. 

Eben-Smit
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the update. My confidence to upgrade firmware is building, but still to scared...

What size is your QN90B?

0 Likes
J from Finland
First Poster
Options

In my case this update completely broke "handshake" protocols with connected HDMI devices. Now my series X console is unable to output in 4K . Same story with PC connected with HDMI. Everything was working just fine before the update. I have a65" QN95B. So gutted right now..

0 Likes
Will_Everytime
Apprentice
Options

Not sure this comment was a valuble contribution.

0 Likes
Will_Everytime
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue with update 1520, In australia for reference. It is very annoying, obviously not a deal breaker but makes the TV very slow when utilising the EPG.

TBH, not a fan of Tizen OS in general, my four year old Samsung was '10x' faster than this one and it was a lower spec model when bought new. What is the point of buying a higher spec model (screen aside) if the UI is going to be an after thought in the process. 

0 Likes