Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED QE50Q60TAU keeps turning on and off

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 11:39 AM)
Members_au2g78k
First Poster
Options

Our TV keeps turning off and on, also the screen is blank.

We can hear the tv in the background.

We have unplugged for over 15 mins and turned back on, this did not alter anything. We have removed all the HDMI cables and turned the tv on, we can still see that it is turning off and on as the red light is still showing the on/off flashes but again a blank screen.

We are unable to enter into any settings as we can see anything and the tv doesn't stay on long enough to go through the menu without seeing the choices.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
AshP_
Options

Hi @Members_au2g78k, I recommend reaching out to Product Support to look into this further, it's likely an inspection may be needed here. You can reach out via social media or by phone, all contact details can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Members_escKr9U
Journeyman
Options

Same issue happened to me. TV was rarely used. I got the TV in December 2020, the frustrating part is that the TV was supposed to have a 5 year warranty which cannot be found in the Samsung system, they are asking me for confirmation emails for extended warranties... which I cannot find. So they get around warranty by having certain policies. They do not really care about customers. The TV broke after 2.5 years... one of their approved repair shops quoted me 531 euro to repair the TV, diagnosis being that the screen is faulty... From now on I would stay away from samsung products... lately I have issues with my S21 ultra cameras too... their products are very poor...

also the customer support is crappy, always finding a way around not to support a repair... 

such a scam with this TV i got.... paid 700 euro on it back in December 2020....

(1)
Luke321
Student
Options

same thing happened to mine except no sound most of the time, seems to start running into issues as soon as warranty is up

0 Likes
D_Hale
Student
Options

The same thing happened to me. 2 years and 8 days this TV lasted… Extremely poor customer service. I was told loads of lies over the phone. I’m very disappointed with Samsung. This is the last time I buy anything from Samsung. Shame on you Samsung.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @D_Hale. We definitely don't expect to hear this. I want to ensure that you get your TV either working as expected or repaired. Please feel free to elaborate on the issues you've encountered, as the Community is here to help. 

Otherwise, I highly recommend that you continue liaising with our Support Teams to get a resolution:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
D_Hale
Student
Options

Hi @PaulM1 , 

I spent hours on the call with the Support Team already. The only thing that they could offer was a 15% discount voucher… Yes, I can get the TV repaired, but this would cost me around 400£ in total (160£ - call out charge & 200£ minimum parts). I’m very disappointed with the way I was treated over the phone, and with the product I purchased. This is not what you would expect from Samsung. I was told lies on the phone whilst on the call with the Support Team. I was told someone would call me back 100% on a particular day by two different Representatives, but no one did. I had to chase the Support Team to get some answers. Appalling aftermarket service/support.

0 Likes