Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLed 2020 (Q80T/Q95T/Q95T/Q90T) : Local Dimming not functional in Game Mode

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 09:15 PM)
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

So, since firmware 1304 (EU) and even after update 1402.6 (EU) and 1460.9 (EU), the local dimming in Game Mode is absolutely terrible.

See photos (first one is Movie Mode, second one is Game Mode) to see the effect in SDR

Q90T-LocalDimming-GameModeOFF.JPGQ90T-LocalDimming-GameModeON.JPG

When in HDR, the difference is less drastic, but still very noticeable.

Anyone else has this problem? And do anyone know if an update is being done to solve that issue?

45 REPLIES 45
Tiayeahdude
Journeyman
Options
Also here with the q80t the local dimming does not work in game mode ... Moreover it does not seem to change anything by setting the 3 local dimming values ​​... Is this the same for you?
tiagosbritto
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys! I’ve not tested game mode yet since I don’t have a console but I’ve noticed that whenever I play HDR content and then play SDR content right after with the local dimming set to High there is hightlight clipping in any SDR content. Have anyone else notice that? 

0 Likes
NoMoreQLED
Journeyman
Options

Apart from the problem you posted, which I have, the local dimming set to normal makes the brightness decrease a lot, making it too dark.

Samsung is going to release a new fw in March to solve the 4K@120 issue on PS5 and such. Question for Samsung: will the dimming problem be also fixed in this fw release? Please, respond!!!

slx
Pioneer
Options

There isn't even a fix for this in the fresh update 1497.0 (EU) for my Q950TS.

0 Likes
SidL
Pathfinder
Options

Now they have to fix the local dimming in game mode when GMP is disabled.

0 Likes
Members_Dyt9hL3
First Poster
Options
hi someone is noticing that if you keep local dimming on high, when you turn off the tv and turn it back on after at least 10 min it seems that the local dimming burns out? whites look cracked and broken, and if you quickly move the set from high to standard back to normal it looks like something that gets high

0 Likes