Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLed 2020 (Q80T/Q95T/Q95T/Q90T) : Local Dimming not functional in Game Mode

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 09:15 PM)
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

So, since firmware 1304 (EU) and even after update 1402.6 (EU) and 1460.9 (EU), the local dimming in Game Mode is absolutely terrible.

See photos (first one is Movie Mode, second one is Game Mode) to see the effect in SDR

Q90T-LocalDimming-GameModeOFF.JPGQ90T-LocalDimming-GameModeON.JPG

When in HDR, the difference is less drastic, but still very noticeable.

Anyone else has this problem? And do anyone know if an update is being done to solve that issue?

45 REPLIES 45
SidL
Pathfinder
Options

Yes, this TV has a horrible dirty screen effect, which it didn't have in the 2019 models. I don't understand how a company can make its products worse every year. Not even 10bit is the panel of this shameful 2020 line!

0 Likes
SidL
Pathfinder
Options

Yes I understand man, it's just to be CLEAR for samsung that the problem of local dimming in game mode is only when GMP is OFF.

0 Likes
GabrielGon
Journeyman
Options

Can someone test if blooming improves in 120hz vs 60hz signal? 

0 Likes
SidL
Pathfinder
Options

We can't let this topic die !! They need to fix local dimming in Game Mode. I get avery ngry at this TV every time I play 😡😤

0 Likes
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

I know, it's incredible there are not a lot more people complaining about that! It makes Game Mode almost unplayable with dark games (or games with dark parts)...

Add to that my purple ghosting problem in any other mode, and I'm stuck with a subpar gaming experience...

0 Likes
SidL
Pathfinder
Options

Yes, that sucks, in dark scenes with GMP OFF it should perform worse than a Q60!

DRACON1C
Explorer
Options

Q9FN here Game mode HDR too dim because local dimming not functional in Game Mode. Not only T series. 

daparky
Pathfinder
Options

The question is, is it fixable?

The local dimming algorithm might take up a lot of processing power therefore not having enough room to low latency. As a result local dimming has taken a hit?

BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone from the US tried the new firmware to see if the dimming in Game Mode is better?

daparky
Pathfinder
Options

I'm hearing on the AVSForum that picture quality has dramatiy increased in game mode and no longer looks washed out.

0 Likes