Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE65Q950R - Banding Issue

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 11:35 AM)
Saxondale
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I had a Samsung engineer come out today due to a banding issue with my QE65Q950R purchased November 2019 so its now just shy of 9 months old since I bought it.

Anyhow the engineer basically told me its a known issue with QLED panels but Samsung tell the engineers to inform the customer that everything is working correctly with the TV and they can't do anything. He even showed me his Samsung pad with the info on it which I took a photo of.

I contacted Samsung directly via  the web chat and they told me the same, oh and if I had any issues then to speak to the retailer who sold it me, which I tried however after holding for an hour they say its down to Samsung to fix and so its back to square 1 again. 

I paid almost Gbp 4000 for a TV that has lines running down the picture and I'm supposed to accept that somebody telling me the TV is working correctly actually makes it ok?

That's like buying a new Ferrari only to find the wipers stop working several months later only to be told everything is ok. You just wouldn't accept it so why should it be any different with what I thought was a top TV?

You don't pay almost 4 grand to have the image ruined by lines down what is obviously a faulty panel.

Absolute shocking response from a company of this size, or any size to be honest.

To think I took the plunge on upgrading from a flagship 2017 LG OLED TV that I never had this problem with, to a Samsung 2019 flagship TV thinking I would be better off and future proof. 

I've now got the equivalent of a dirty window to watch with images moving around behind it.

Has anybody else had any of these problems with Samsung?

Would be pleased to hear and if / how you managed to get them to step up and fix the issue.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
obitv
Pathfinder
Options
I know samsung are replacing tvs upto 18months of purchases under warranty. make a warranty claim against samsung and if they refuse file a small claims court case. case cost only £60 so if you lose you dont pay anything else.
you have to file the warranty claim first
0 Likes
Saxondale
First Poster
Options

Quick update on my shadowing issue.

It’s just over a year since I made the costly error of buying a Samsung flagship TV and discovering that the large thick black vertical shadow lines running from side to side of the screen is something which is part of Samsung’s idea of being acceptable.

I had originally swapped to the flagship Samsung 65” Q950R QLED after previously owning a 65” LG OLED for the previous 2 years and genuinely never experiencing a single fault with the LG Oled.

I stupidly thought that by spending almost £4000 on the flagship Samsung it could only be seen as an upgrade, I mean it’s newer and it would connect to my Samsung smart fridge,  all good things right?

Wrong!

I mean I could not have been more wrong if I tried. Watching any live sport on the Samsung Q950R is like watching what we call Zebra TV.

if you could imagine a Zebra stood in front of your TV whilst the match is on then that’s what it’s like.
Huge thick black lines running from top to bottom down the screen which don’t shift. 
It actually gave you a headache trying to watch anything, but apparently that’s perfectly normal as told to me by both Samsung customer service and even the office of Mr Moon Soo Kim (CEO Samsung UK).

So in the end I learned an expensive lesson by writing off the Q950R and putting it down as a learning experience, one which would be never to buy anything from Samsung again.

instead I went out and bought myself a new all singing and dancing 2020 -  65” LG GX, and boy what a difference.

All the spiel from Samsung that all 65” TV’s suffer from banding and it’s normal - yeah perhaps for poorly made Samsung’s that’s the case - not with the LG I’ve replaced it with.

The Samsung was a mistake from day 1.

The connection between the TV and other devices was poor at best.

Streaming was about the same quality you would get from 2 tin cans and a piece of string.

Also for an 8k TV not to have EARC and Samsung lie to its customers for the past year saying a firmware upgrade with EARC was coming is just shameful. Firstly for not having EARC on a flagship TV to begin with, and secondly to lie and say a firmware upgrade with it would be released in 2020.

Anyway onwards and upwards as they say.

I now have a lovely new LG TV thanks to Samsung’s shoddy workmanship and lack of customer service, plus a future proof 8k Samsung brick hung like a picture frame on my spare room wall as that’s all it’s good for.

Thank you Samsung. 
Thanks for nothing! 

0 Likes
gmf1313
First Poster
Options

Samsung has purposefully created an impossibly convoluted path to customer support, including signup and login pages that don't work. I have had the worst runaround, phone numbers that send me to the wrong countries etc. similar to you, round in circles. My Samsung is not the same model as yours, but color banding is the issue. I'm not surprised to see that it is a known yet denied issue, not uncommon in the tech world. I am currently in Thailand, I plan to sue them in Thailand, and when I get back to the US I will sue them in US court as well. I will invoke consumer fraud statutes. I highly recommend small claims court, claim all fees you've paid for any video rentals, internet streaming, charge them for your time, and sue for the maximum allowable amount. Then their lawyers will materialize like magic, OR, they will rain cash or merch on you to get you to go away because they won't want to send their lawyers into your court. That costs them exponentially, thereby giving YOU the advantage in negotiating. Good luck

0 Likes
gmf1313
First Poster
Options

Samsung has purposefully created an impossibly convoluted path to customer support, including signup and login pages that don't work. I have had the worst runaround, phone numbers that send me to the wrong countries etc. similar to you, round in circles. My Samsung is not the same model as yours, but color banding is the issue. I'm not surprised to see that it is a known yet denied issue, not uncommon in the tech world. I am currently in Thailand, I plan to sue them in Thailand, and when I get back to the US I will sue them in US court as well. I will invoke consumer fraud statutes. I highly recommend small claims court, claim all fees you've paid for any video rentals, internet streaming, charge them for your time, and sue for the maximum allowable amount. Then their lawyers will materialize like magic, OR, they will rain cash or merch on you to get you to go away because they won't want to send their lawyers into your court. That costs them exponentially, thereby giving YOU the advantage in negotiating. Good luck

0 Likes