Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv has light banding issues, Samsung says it’s normal??

(Topic created on: 11-03-2024 05:17 PM)
TP12
Apprentice
Options

 I bought a QE85Q70 on May 19th last year. It has massive light banding issues that are getting worse. Samsung have said they are normal. Has anyone else had these issues? Thanks in advance.

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg

IMG_0941.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @TP12  yes some customers have reported Banding issues,at times it may be regarded as being within specification.  However a few Members stated screens were   exchanged if model is relatively new.

If on the lastest update check to see if adjuusting picture Modes and  Settings makes any difference?  see this article for some adustments that be made which may minimise Banding.  https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/gradient 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
TP12
Apprentice
Options

Hi James

Yhsnks for the reply, yes it’s on the latest update and I have tried loads of different set ups, but it’s still there, it’s worse when watching sports or anything with a sky on the screen, but once you have seen it, you can see it on every screen. It’s not normal for a TV of this age that costs what they do. I have an 85” Hisense that has had more hours and is perfect and it was only £899.

Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
I'd push them a little harder, it's "expected " but it shouldn't be that bad. I've got a edge lit Frame TV that's no where near as bad.

Don't compare it to the Hisense, slightly different market goals.
0 Likes
TP12
Apprentice
Options

Cheers for the reply. I intend to push it all the way. It’s not fit for purpose, especially for sports or movie viewing. If we have anyone round, we don’t switch it on, it’s not worth the questions and is slightly embarrassing. So we basically have an 85” wall ornament.

Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah its one of them it happens, you have the hisense I saw yes cheaper but also you might have had good luck thats its a good pannel, plus I don't think the hisese is 120hz? Try not to compare them. I'd beat a ferrari in my car if the ferrari broke down, doesn't mean I wouldn't want a ferrari
0 Likes
TP12
Apprentice
Options

We actually have 2 Hisense ones in a business we run, they are both cracking TV’s, so we must of been lucky twice. The Samsung we got for home, to replace a faulty LG (vertical light banding after the 6th week, took them 6 months to say there was an issue and then they couldn’t get a panel for it), it was supposed to be an upgrade is just unwatchable, unless you are watching their own test screens. 

TP12
Apprentice
Options

UPDATE

Samsung sent someone out from a company to inspect the TV. They said it needed either the screen replacing or the TV replacing. When leaving he said, it would be the TV replacing as they could not replace a screen over 75” in home. I waited for Samsung to confirm what was happening, they didn’t contact me for 2 weeks, so I rang them. They said the report was in and it needed a new screen. They would book the same company to come back and change it?

0 Likes
Antony1953
Explorer
Options

Hi, can I ask a question about your t/v? I have an 85"QE85QN900AT that is 18 months old and has a 5 yr warranty. It has stopped upscaling so I'm getting some very poor images on most stuff. The engineer from Martin Dawes has told me that even though the fault is with the black box and not the screen, they will have to take the whole thing away to repair, which seems crazy. I live in a 3rd floor flat and Martin Dawes don't want to carry my 85" screen down the stairs, they say the risk is too great. So I've got this fight going on about what to do next. 

So my question is do you know if the black box can be removed for servicing, which makes sense, or does it all have to go back to the workshop, which doesn't make sense.

0 Likes