Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE55Q700TATXXU Fault

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 03:38 PM)
Rob Osborne
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung QE55Q700TATXXU TV that is over a year old but had very little use. 

During I am a celeb recently it turned itself off, then the next night it did the same again. Initially I thought it might just be offended by how poor the program was but it did it again on Netflix. 

A week later and now it wont even turn on, it just tries to turn on, shows a slighty illuminated screen and then click and turns off and tries to switch on again with no luck.

I have contacted support and they have put me onto a repair agent that charge £96 on labour payable before they will even come out and it doesn't suggest that this is the max or that there could be costs for parts on top.  

It was purchased to go in a room that's only recently been decorated after we moved into a new house in Feb of last year. So it really has had very little screen time. I have checked and under the consumer rights act I have a case for this to be fixed, irrespective of warranty, as it hasnt had fair use and isn't fit for purpose. 

Could anybody help with this please?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Rob Osborne  Think it has nothing to do with anyone on that programme  😀

Whilst it may  be a fault with the Tv Board a few things you can try.

Firstly by any chance are you using a Power surge, if you have a green light on the surge part should be ok.  However if so try plugging directly into a socket to rule that out.  Are you getting a standby light at all, if no red light present that does indicate a fault. can check  troubleshooting with various lights here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001086/#tv-s-red-standby-light-is-off   

Another possible fix though is to hold the Power Button on the Remote for 30 seconds till it hopefully Reboots,unplug from mains for 1 minute and try again.  If no joy an idea to see if a flash reset will work:

Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on
1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds
2. Release the button
3. press the Power button on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while.

May need the repair though, as far as claim  for it to be fixed under Consumer Rights Act outwith warranty that is correct but after 6 months the onus is more on consumer to prove there was a known fault at the time of purchase.

Details here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Philo70
Student
Options

The very same thing has just happened to my  QE 50Q60TAUXXU 2 nights ago. I was watching my TV when it knocked off suddenly and attempted to come back on but just kept conking out again. As of now there is no picture just an intermittent flash of a feint blue screen. I bought my TV from Samsung Ireland online in Jan 2021 so it is out of  warranty by 10 months. So I contacted their support immediately but all I was offered was a repair from a firm on the other side of the Island. This is not a fair response, this TV should last years. What recourse did you take with your case Rob?

0 Likes
Rob Osborne
Apprentice
Options

Its still in the corner of the room not working. Samsung say its out of warranty and if I am going down the consumer right act route then I have to do it with the retailer.

I've had flu the last week so not managed to do anything. 

0 Likes
Rob Osborne
Apprentice
Options

I ended up paying an engineer recommended by Samsung £100 for what they described as labour in advance of them turning up. For this they turned the TV on got a fault code and left. They said they will then quote for the repair but as it is the screen that has failed it might not be worth repairing. 

So after 356 hours screen time the tv has failed. For a £2,000 tv that is £5.60 an hour to watch TV. If you add the £100 on for an engineer to say it might not be worth fixing then we are at £5.89 an hour.

Because it is 18 months old nobody is interested in helping. I've called Samsung again today and they didn't help, I've spoken to reliant direct and they just gave me Samsungs number. 

I am now left either spending my time trying to go down the legal route as a £2,000 tv that only makes it to 356 hours is not fit for purpose or spending an hour a day explaining my situation on social media until I build awareness of the possibility a QLED tv will only last 356 hours before it fails with a major fault.

spiritualdrifter
Apprentice
Options

same with me sirs , faulty after 19 months , im going to the small claims court rout i think 

Maxxandt3y
First Poster
Options
Hi ! I have same problem with the tv Number:QE55Q700TATXXU ... somebody come ... replace the screen... after couple of hours same problem...
Richy68
First Poster
Options

I've had the same issue with this TV. It first went after 10 months. Managed to get it repaired under warranty. It went again 6 months later. Had to fight to get it repaired again by contacting the CEO. Just do an internet search for Samsung CEO Escalation and it'll give you contact details. I'm still in the thick of it though as it went again 2 days ago. This is a known fault with this model. We are covered by the consumer rights act up to 6 years after purchase, but as has been said, you have to fight a bit to get what you're legally entitled to, and it seems Samsung is hoping you just give up.

Enh
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue with the 65 inch model of this tv at just over 2 years. Just spent over an hour on the phone with Samsung going in circles. I kept getting passed to another department who can help me. They keep stating that the consumer rights act is only applicable up to 6 months which is utter nonsense. Eventually the customer solutions team told me they couldn’t find the order number (which all the other departments managed to do) and that they would contact another team and get back to me before they disconnected the line. Truly shocking customer service.

Has anyone actually managed to get help from Samsung with this? Small claims court is seeming like the only option at this point. 

0 Likes
Philo70
Student
Options

Hi guys, I have done nothing since I last posted as I was a bit disillusioned by it all. I'm currently fighting with Curry's over a fridge unit that died after 3 years of device and they won't give the current value of a new fridge even though we bought the expensive cover policy €140 for 5 years cover. Customer service has taken a major step backwards in recent years and it's the same across the board.... I'm reinvigorated now and I'm going to restart my campaign to get a replacement tv as this is bullshit to be honest. Let's keep each other in the loop so we all may get some joy out of this debacle. 

0 Likes