Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA55Q7 display issus

(Topic created on: 24-09-2020 09:23 PM)
khildred
First Poster
Options

Bought this 55inch TV 2 and 1/2 years ago. Been having issues for about 6 months now. Turn the TV on and get sount but no picture. If really cold takes about 30 mins to warm up and get picture. Once picture is up glitches fir a couple of minutes then is stable for well untill we turn off. If we tufn on straight away or only after a lithle whike picture comes up straight away. But if left overnight then above process repeats.

Spent $2700 on this TV dont expect this sort of carry on. My LG was still going strong when we upgraded. Thought Samsung was excellent in TV as all our tablets and phs are theres and never faulted. 

Quite dissapointed as look like we have to spend big $$ to sort tis issue according to what ive read on line.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not we like to hear, @khildred. Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
khildred
First Poster
Options

-Model Code: QA55Q7FAM

-Serial Number: 02V03NJK100055T

-Software Version:T-KTMUABC-1280.5 , BT - S

-Sub-micom Version:T-KTMOCTV-1113T-KTMOCJP-1113

One Connect Model:SOC1000MB

QA55Q7FAMSXNZ

BN95-03858A

VN89BN9412377CA313K?A0029 - where the ? is that digit is not readable been smudged.

010176729990_100003D0

Be excellent if this can be resolved.

Thanks

Kevin.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It does show that the TV is on the latest software version, @khildred. Have you tried resetting the TV? To do this, go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

Note, if you have made any changes to the settings of the TV, these will be defaulted to the factory settings that the TV came with.

0 Likes
khildred
First Poster
Options

Yes have done all that.

Have factory reset the TV twice now.

Unplugged the one connect cable and the screen shows up the connect cable animation.

Unplugged all the HDMI devices connected and reconnected

Also done the tap on screen and looked for light flash.

One connect cable looks ok never been extended any more than 1mtr since we purchased as the box sits on a shelf right below the TV screen.

Also strange that the sound comes through immediately but not the picture.

I am Tech savvy - electronics is my hobby and i was in the component distribution field for 25 years.

I believe its a power supply issue either in the TV or on the one connect box - i'd say more the one connect box as sometimes it resets itself and loses all the HDMI connection identities when it comes back on.

Thanks

0 Likes
khildred
First Poster
Options

any further on this one??? Really want to get the TV back to the way it should be..

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@khildred: Do you have any external devices connected to the TV when you power it on, such as a cable/satellite box? If so, try disconnecting the external device(s) before you power on the TV to see if the issue persists. This will help to determine if the issue is native to the TV, or stemming from an external source. 

0 Likes
khildred
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew been through that exercise and problem persists.

Not External devices. thanks.

Very frustrating watching a program and it glitches or having to wait for up to 1/2 hour for the picture to come up. I'm beginning to think it's a design flaw with One Connect as it appears lots who have these models are experiencing similar/same issues when I read around. Not a lot of solutions offered and a 12 month warranty hmmm...

0 Likes