Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T:Xbox One X:Game Mode: Faint vertically scrolling lines?

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 04:18 AM)
AZGreg
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

On the new firmware I’m finally able to get a good picture on game mode BUT there seem to be faint vertical scrolling lines. Almost looks like when you’d record an old CRT but obviously not that exaggerated. Can be seen on dark grayish scenes especially.

Oddly enough, this goes away if I turn on game motion plus which I don’t want to have to do. It also doesn’t happen in any of the non-game modes.

Any ideas?

62 REPLIES 62
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

Any videos or pictures to illustrate?

AV2020
Pioneer
Options

Is this with vrr enabled? Sort of makes text look like it is flickering? 

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Also some people reporting that VRR/freesync causes the screen to go too dark when using Xbox. This would be a major issue for next gen. I don’t have Xbox so can’t test this. Can someone else? 

0 Likes
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Also present with a PS4 Pro on Game Mode HDR (with Game Motion Plus OFF).

0 Likes
Toejo78
Navigator
Options

This happened on 1304 on my q95t as well as the latest firmware. Happens on any source, pc, Xbox and ps4 with GMP off. Worse on Grey's.

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

I use ps4 pro I have never saw this issue :s 

0 Likes
AZGreg
Explorer
Options

Good (Well not really) to hear it isn't just Xbox and that it's a Game Mode software specific thing. Hopefully it can be fixed and isn't just a limitation of game mode and all the things they turn off to hit the low input lag.

Question, with regards to game motion plus. If I leave the game motion plus bubble on, but turn down blur reduction and judder reduction to 0, along with leaving LED Clear Motion unchecked, what does the game motion plus bubble alone do if anything? Only asking because I don't want to use these features, but turning on game motion plus gets rid of the scrolling lines.

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for starting a post on this faint scrolling lines on Xbox one X 4k60 with GMP on or  freesync on as you can't have both on at same time ,scrolling faint horizontal scrolling lines from bottom to top of screen ,check dashboard setting for best example have dashboard brightness at 40 people who have game mode dash in lower brightness might not notice  it ,but even my girlfriend noticed scrolling and she didn't game lol,been happening since last year's q60 r last year currently on 1402.6 UK q90t 55

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

I normally run GMP on with bottom slider on 1 top on 0 the notch of 1 returns lost colour if I look on say destiny 2 exotic yellow it's  less bold yellow on 0 and on notch 1 it's more solid slightly brighter yellow this has been ongoing for ages ,and with new consoles you will be on 4k 120 which I understand disabled GMP so scrolling lines may be there again and in freesync HDR dash aswell ,really hard to catch this hopefully someone knows how to upload a clip of the scrolling lines

0 Likes