I had my new Q80T TV set up with a Humax box via HDMI, it looks from the instructions that I should be able to connect the lnb f type cables straight into the back of the TV so no longer need the Humax at all.
If I connect it this way I can see satellite as an option in the settings but it is all greyed out.
Nothing in the manual and couldn't see anything in the forum, please could someone confirm the TV does have in built receiver so can accept a direct cable connection to the lnb and if so how to set it up
Hi, thanks for the help,
a combination of Samsung chat and experimenting got me there so in case it helps anyone else here goes.....
1) the broadcast menu is greyed out unless you select Samsung TV plus before going to settings
2) once in setting autotune terrestrial then once saved enter postcode and repeat for freesat (both as digital)
3) then using the large remote control go to channel list
4) scroll left to where it says terrestrial and switch it to freesat
5) this adds an icon on the homepage for 'live freesat'
the first time you select Samsung TV plus the freesat option disappears and you have to repeat 3-5
if you don't use Samsung TV plus then select it, press up and either remove or move it far right
Once freesat is available as an option on the homepage you can quick access if from the small remote by pressing the right hand toggle switch in and it jumps straight to channel guide
hope this saves someone a few hours of their life on the support chat line 🙂