Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T sound issue

(Topic created on: 26-09-2020 11:17 PM)
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Recently purchased a Q80 T.  Everything is living up to expectations apart from an intermittant sound problem.

The sound periodically cuts out, often several times a day.  This outage lasts no more than a second, however, it's now becoming a major distraction.

Software is up to date.   This happens irrespective of whether the sound is via. SkyQ box, ariel, tv speaker, or, with the Bose Soundbar, or a combination of the aforementioned units.   The Bose is connected via. ARC since there's no eARC facility.

I've tried various setting parameters which the supplier, Richer sounds, have suggested, and changed parameters on the skyQ box.   For the record the sound from the old Panasonic tv, SkyQ and the Bose soundbar was perfect.   I've performed a full reset on 2 occasions.   I'm now at a loss as to what to do next.   If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try next I would be grateful.

Many Thanks in antisipation.

Loiner Paul

80 REPLIES 80
Markk20
First Poster
Options

Same TV Same Issue

GenericInterwebs
Apprentice
Options

I have a Q80T as well and am having the same issue. It does not seem to happen with my PlayStation 4 which is hooked up via HDMI 4, only my Blu-Ray and PlayStation 3 which is hooked up via HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. My soundbar is hooked up via HDMI 3. Has the issue been resolved? I have tried multiple different HDMI cords, including the highest grade 8K one i could find. Still the issue persists. This is one of the only posts on the internet that I can find about this subject

0 Likes
LoinerPaul
Explorer
Options

Hi Gen,

the answer is no.

we’ve swapped to a replacement Q80 but the issue still remains.

We now think It’s a signal issue from the sky q box.  It might be worthwhile me swapping the sky q input from hdmi 1 to hdmi 4 and see if that help.  I’ll let you know if things change.

Loiner P

0 Likes
GenericInterwebs
Apprentice
Options

I'm still blown away that Samsung or anyone is yet to talk to us yet. I'm still having this issue, are you? 

I managed to record one of said instances 

https://youtu.be/vf2CWVug2k8

0 Likes
Arthur_Dent74
Explorer
Options

Any update from Samsung.  Should I return the q80T that has the same problem as defective? 

0 Likes
HumayunAhmed
First Poster
Options

We just bought Q80 yesterday and are facing the same problem like everyone else. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS TV.

Edessi
Apprentice
Options

We bought this TV a week ago, same problem here. Absolutely impossible to watch anything /listen music. The problem is showing up from the second 1, we call the service, they did some reset, but we are still facing the same problem.

How is it possible? 😧

0 Likes
shurl77
Pathfinder
Options

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue, I was told by support that this happens when the TV gets too hot and it performs a screen refresh which cuts the sound off and back on again, I have also had judder problems which I got around by putting the TV into Cinema mode and fiddling with the settings. I believe the sound issue to be firmly in Samsung's court and if it continues I shall log yet another fault on this TV. If anyone has a resolution please let me know its driving me insane.

Edessi
Apprentice
Options

I can tell you which is my experience : I plugged in the TV, very first second of life in my home, the temperature is about 20°C, the sound was interrupted, not just sometime but all the times, every one or two seconds. Absolutely impossible to use. We ask for a new TV, unfortunately. From the Samsung customer service they try several times, nothing works 😞

0 Likes