Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T scan lines

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 05:38 PM)
Cal
Explorer
Options

Anybody have any luck with Samsung or sorting the scan line issue that's appearing on the Q80T and Q90t when game motion plus is off, after speaking to many people at Samsung and having an engineer sent out there still saying it's an issue with the Ps5 and the TV is up to spec so won't do anything, this is even after explaining it's the same on the new Xbox and PS4.

21 REPLIES 21
PawelMerlin
Pioneer
Options

Can you post a video with those scan lines?

0 Likes
Cal
Explorer
Options

When you change the resolution to 1080p or lower it stops, all consoles doing it and more clear in other scenes.

0 Likes
Cal
Explorer
Options

Video is awaiting approval..

Here's a video of the issue with someone having the same problem on the Q90t,

https://youtu.be/6PQ2c_dRYF4

Seems to be alot of posts about the issue on different forums.

0 Likes
Cal
Explorer
Options

Also noticed just now that when running cold war at 120hz the scan lines disappear but come back when I close the game and it goes back to 60hz..

Smazza1970
Pathfinder
Options
I have noticed a firmware version 1497 has been released today. Its not showing on the over air update but is on the support page I don't have winzip and when I tried to download raw version to put on USB Windows said it was a dangerous file. had anyone used this latest version yet or is it still to new for general observation
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Anyone having any luck with resolving this? I have it on my Q90T and it's driving me insane. 

0 Likes
Cal
Explorer
Options

Nope , after speaking with Samsung for the last  3 months engineer came out twice and confirmed there was a software problem with the TV however Samsung say there isn't and that it's the console at fault even tho it happens with the Ps5, PS4 and new Xbox..

Samsung say TV is up to spec and won't do anything else and even say the engineer said it's the console even tho on both occasions he said it has nothing to do with the console and it's a software issue on TV..

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Wonderful. I'd figured it was more than likely a Firmware issue as it goes away with GMP enabled and on 120hz games. I have an engineer coming out next week, I imagine they'll probably tell me the same so I'll just return it. How hard is it to release a finished product these days? Or at least fix them! 

0 Likes
Cal
Explorer
Options

I'd record what's said when the engineer comes , I wish I had so I could have emailed Samsung as evidence against them claiming the engineer said it was the console and not the TV.. 

0 Likes