Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80T HDR Video Glitch/ Flicker

(Topic created on: 27-11-2023 07:14 AM)
klambe280
Apprentice
Options

I have a 55” Q80T which has had this problem for a few weeks. When watching hdr video the screen will intermittently glitch for a brief instant, but this will occur throughout viewing.

Black bars appear across the left half of the screen, and the top portion of the right side.

it happens across all in-built apps, I’m running the latest firmware and turning off and on again doesn’t resolve the issue

Here’s a photo of it occurring in Alien on Disney+ (sorry the video itself is already a very dark image!)

Any help on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. Hoping it’s not a hardware failure.

IMG_3237.png

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @klambe280 

Would it be possible to take a video of the issue, to give us more of an idea of what's happening?

0 Likes
klambe280
Apprentice
Options

Hi @ChrisM, thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for my slow reply. I've attached a video clip below, where the glitch happens a few times. I've also attached a couple of screenshots of the instant the glitch occurs from that same video.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 18.25.51.pngScreenshot 2023-12-17 at 18.27.20.pngThis issue occurs frequently (perhaps once every couple of minutes) when watching HDR video, and occurs across all applications I have available: BBC iPlayer, Prime Video, and Disney+.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Thank you for sending us this. Do you have any external devices connected to your TV?

Is your TV up to date? You can check this by heading to this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-install-software-and-app-updates-automatica...

0 Likes
klambe280
Apprentice
Options

Hi Aaron, yes I have a Nintendo switch and a Blu-ray player connected via HDMI, and a usb pen drive to support the live tv recording feature.

The tv’s firmware is also fully up to date.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@klambe280 If you remove these devices from your TV, does this resolve the issue?

0 Likes
klambe280
Apprentice
Options

Hi @AaronAJ , I’ve tried this today and the issue still persists

0 Likes
klambe280
Apprentice
Options

Hi @AaronAJ just following up on my response to see if you had any more advice? Unplugging my external devices has had no effect on the problem.

0 Likes