Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60B Satellite vs Freeview

(Topic created on: 20-05-2023 02:57 PM)
andrellina
Journeyman
Options

I have a Q60B I recently purchased. I am happy with many aspects of it, but one thing is really irritating, and makes me feel I have bought the wrong TV.

I do not use terrestrial TV. I use Freesat.

How do I change settings so that when I turn the TV on , it defaults to Freesat. It is not simple to change the aerial, and surely the "default aerial" can be set to "Satellite"

I NEVER use Freeview. I want it to not be an option unless I enable it.

If this isn't possible, how about Samsung, a multi-billion dollar business, propagates an update for their TV that makes it possible.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@andrellina: If you have an aerial connected to the ANT (Main/Sub) input on the back of the TV, then please press the Volume up/down button on your Smart Remote to access the Guide, then press the '123' button, and select 'Aerial Type'. Are you able to choose 'Satellite' from here? 

0 Likes
andrellina
Journeyman
Options

Yes I understand, although oddly a couple of times the teal coloured screen appeared saying "service not available" merely changing from BBC1 to BBC2 and I had to retune the satellite channels. 

I'm not sure how it could lose the satellite signal, there definitely was a signal, and the second time it happened unplugging the TV and back in after a few mins brought all the satellite channels back.

Is this a known issue?

0 Likes
Aslam 187
Student
Options

Software version...?

0 Likes
andrellina
Journeyman
Options

Latest version, run update etc

0 Likes
andrellina
Journeyman
Options

Again, I ask how one can set the "default aerial" to say Freesat as opposed to Terrestrial.

I live somewhere where using Terrestrial is neither preferable nor desirable, especially now Freeview's HD content is disappearing rather than being augmented.

I live with someone who has mental difficulties and they tend to panic when they switch to TVPlus, for example, and the aerial for NO reason, changes to Terrestrial, even though TVplus is an internet based channel. They cannot cope with the aerial changing for NO REASON.

0 Likes