Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q60A Universal Remote with AppleTV4k

(Topic created on: 25-07-2022 10:20 PM)
Keith-W14
Student
Options

I can’t seem to get the Universal Remote feature to work with AppleTV4k. 
When the TV attempts to detect the device none of the controls work. I am then prompted for the model number, which is A2169. That model number doesn’t appear in the list. Scrolling down, I find ‘AppleTV4k’, so I select that. Unfortunately the Samsung remote still fails to work with the AppleTV. 

has anyone else had & managed to fix this?  I have a Q75A and the same model AppleTV4k was detected automatically and works perfectly with it  

thanks in advance 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Keith-W14
Student
Options

As I mentioned, AppleTV works perfectly with the Samsung Q75A upstairs...   It turns out that for some reason the second AppleTV box connected to the Q60A did not have 'Allow control through HDMI-CEC'  enabled. Once I switched that on it fixed the issue.

Actua

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Do you really think apple will allow a universal controller to work with there apple TV box? This is apple after all they don't allow 3rd party stuff to work with there devices.
0 Likes
Solution
Keith-W14
Student
Options

As I mentioned, AppleTV works perfectly with the Samsung Q75A upstairs...   It turns out that for some reason the second AppleTV box connected to the Q60A did not have 'Allow control through HDMI-CEC'  enabled. Once I switched that on it fixed the issue.

Actua

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
How long do you expect apple to allow this for? Knowing apple they will disable this feature soon. Why are you even using a apple TV? There is better on the market.
0 Likes