Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem conecting the tv to the internet

(Topic created on: 13-01-2024 03:20 PM)
Olty
First Poster
Options
Hello there, i recently got an old samsung smart tv UE40D6100, it's pretty old, but i want to connect it to the internet.
I plugged in the ethernet cable, in the settings says that it's connected to the internet but when i try to go to samsung apps it says it's not. I tried and changed the cable ports but none seems to work.
Any tips? Thank you.
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Olty
First Poster
Options
This is my only reset option i could find20240113_162204_1000011685_1705162926.jpg
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Settings page, then general page and it say should see reset, not self-diagnosis page
0 Likes
Olty
First Poster
Options
.20240113_162655_1000011686_1705163217.jpg
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe you want to contact Support, sorry I can't be more help
0 Likes
Olty
First Poster
Options
It had more characters, sorry, my bad, it's UE40D6100SKXXU
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Google it and see if you can find anything online, Samsung website is usually quite good
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Reset TV option will be grayed out if you are currently using an App on your TV. A TV reset cannot happen if an app is running. Close the app you are using, and navigate to TV Plus or any HDMI source. The option to perform a TV reset should now be available.

I found this, you showed a screen where reset was greyed out
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Reset TV option will be grayed out if you are currently using an App on your TV. A TV reset cannot happen if an app is running. Close the app you are using, and navigate to TV Plus or any HDMI source. The option to perform a TV reset should now be available.
0 Likes
Lizzie46
First Poster
Options

I just posted posted this, please try before you factory reset. " I got a new Wi-Fi hub and the network setting on my TV where all set to zero, after hours of searching and trying everything I could find.  I changed the security settings on my hub from WP3 to WP2, apparently some older devices don't recognise WP3.  I am now back on, the only things is after resetting to factory settings, it's like a new TV and everything's got to be signed into again.  But worth it to get all my apps back.  Good luck to anyone else with this problem, I hope it helps"

0 Likes