Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 03:56 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
Nathancai91
Journeyman
Options

Can your TV pass through multichannel PCM via eARC? 

Or you are talking about internal sources?

Thanks

0 Likes
M4_RKB
Apprentice
Options

Not good enough is it.. hope you don’t expect a response from Samsung though as you’ll be waiting a while 

0 Likes
mtb_fh
Apprentice
Options

Sonos Arc with new FW-release today, R 12.2.2 

Samsung Q95T also with new FW-release today, R 1460.9

It looks and sounds good. No sound gaps so far after the upgrade.

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

Intrigued mtb_fh. You say it’s fixed? Any release notes available as I can’t find any? I’d heard this would be a challenge through firmware as others allude to a hardware fault with One Connect cable. Keep us posted for next couple of days please. Irrespective I’ve still returned my unit to consider options again. 

0 Likes
Jocke
Journeyman
Options

Also updated with both new firmwares tonight, Frame 65” 2020 and Sonos Arc. Still sound gaps when playing Atmos material. The first one occurred after about 1 hour. Amazing how badly this is handled by Samsung. 

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

Did you do a hard reset including unplugging all the cables, re-plugging only Arc in first etc. etc. that old irritating rigmarole many of us on here have likely been through multiple times?

0 Likes
Jocke
Journeyman
Options

Nope, I’ll try that tomorrow, but not very optimistic though. 

0 Likes
mtb_fh
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, a bit too optimistic yesterday. 

With 2 x new FW yesterday, sound was ok without any power cycleSound ok even after turning system off and on several times. 

Turning system off overnight, and sound-gap is unfortunately back today. 

Unplugging and re-insert power on the Sonos Arc once again the solution, so back to normal. Obviously a hand-shake-issue between Sonos and Samsung when both starting up from idle and using HDMI-3. So back to optical. 

0 Likes
Jocke
Journeyman
Options

Restarting and unplugging cables didn’t help either...

0 Likes
DennisBor
First Poster
Options

Same issue with q80t and Sonos Arc. Both updated yesterday to the latest firmware versions. Thinking about returning the TV as it is still possible for two weeks. Reading all comments here makes it hard to believe for me that Samsung will provide a fix anyway.

0 Likes