Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix on TV

(Topic created on: 07-05-2024 04:58 PM)
GA8
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Netflix on our Samsung TV, keeps on displaying incorrect password/username, even after I changed the password, etc. It always use to work.. 

I did a factory reset on the tv, but still the same. I tried to delete and uninstall the Netflix app -but it is greyed out., not sure if it is pre-installed.

I tried with the arrow keys: 2 Up, 2 down, left Right, Left Right, 4 x up , when i click log out it fails, saying it can't connect error : Netflix code nw-4-8 - rebooted router, all.. still the same.

Model Code: UA40F6400 Software Version: T-MST12DEUC-2127.0

According to Samsung, it does not support Netflix.. but it worked all the time.. 

Any help, thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GA8
First Poster
Options

The online Samsung consultant said: 'Please note that due to the software update of the TV Netflix is no longer compatible with the TV. Please note that the TV was manufactured in 2013, the last update was released in 2016.":

Why will something that worked perfectly, till last month stop working. Samsung has once again %^* stuffed up, forcing people to buy new TV's etc.

0 Likes
OmegaMutant
Helping Hand
Options
With any tech the app developer will phase out support/compatability for older devices.

If TV was made in 2013 then that's over 10 years of support and compatability for Netflix app. That's pretty decent going IMO.

Regardless of manufacturer, they will always come a time where certain features, appa etc. will no longer be supported.

That's the way of tech life I'm afraid.
GA8
First Poster
Options

Hi Thanks for the reply.. I understand.. 

Why will they want to update firmware for an older model, which had no issues. The firmware upgrade must be the customer's decision to upgrade or to remain on that level, more so if the have the software roll-back option to the previous version.

Thank you, and regards

Netflix worked perfectly on it with no issues.

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Netflix may of asked for app to be removed via an update, sometimes this is due to security or performance concerns.

They see it as better to not have access to it vs have a poor experience. Using a external device like £20 roku will add netflix back!
0 Likes
Members_VDBRiqY
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I bought 5 brand new Samsung smart tv

Model tu50cu7105kxxc, 4 months ago. They're 2023 model.

Last week the Netflix app stopped working in all of them. 

What's going on??

Note that the tvs are in 3 different locations. Meaning not same network.

Please help.

0 Likes