Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 03:56 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
SONOSARC
Journeyman
Options

I have no idea. People say it shows up on the Sonos app but it doesn’t on mine. 

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

Hey. Assuming you’ve Sonos kit it should appear in the App when selecting the room where your setup is and you control volume or can activate the night settings etc. You can also go into the About My System to check. It should list Arc and have the type of audio output. 

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Two part answer -

1) go into the Sonos app, select your speaker/room - if it’s Atmos you’ll see an Atmos logo straight away

2) However there are different forms of Atmos - compressed and uncompressed (if I’ve read all the forums right!). And you only find out if you’ve got the purest form by going into Settings, System and then scrolling down the text of each room, IP, MAC address, etc to see what form it is.  If you see just Dolby Atmos you’re on a winner. Anything else is not.

0 Likes
Jocke
Journeyman
Options

Looks like this when playing Atmos material. 

CF3322B4-B8B1-4E0B-8F33-CCBA4227DBC6.jpeg

0 Likes
Members_6JEiXO0
Apprentice
Options

Saw your reply, what did you end up doing with the horizon box? I have a similar box, and will try this tomorrow. 

0 Likes
Members_6JEiXO0
Apprentice
Options

Same for my Sony htst5000. 

0 Likes
Rockett0
Student
Options

Crossing my fingers - I've not had an issue for days and days.  No updates have been made since I last reset because of the sound cutting out. 

Location - US

Frame 75  w/one connect box
Sonos Arc  wifi and Alexa enabled

0 Likes
Members_6JEiXO0
Apprentice
Options

Really, like really?

0 Likes
RickyUU
Apprentice
Options

Ok, so I have had the same issue with the connect box and sony HTST5000 soundbar. No matter what order I tried, with or without settop box and shield connected. Directly, indirectly it didnt matter.

Until I used another spare hdmi I had lying around. Now the cable I was using was this premium wrapped thick cable, so I thought no way.

But....way way. Turns out the thick cable is a 1.4 hdmi cable. So guys, of course you all already tried this. But you need at least a 2.0 hdmi cable to have earc working. I have atmos on tv netflix, disney +

0 Likes
pequlius
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with a 2020 frame 50' with 1403 frmware and a Sony ht g700 soundbar. I bought a new hdmi 2.0 compliant hdmi cable.

The pass through option in settings will gray out repeatedly. If the automatic option is selected the sound will repeatedly cut out for a few seconds when streaming e.g via the Netflix app 

0 Likes