Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to change No Signal Screen to something less bright?

(Topic created on: 07-12-2019 01:09 PM)
Kornkamerad
First Poster
Options

Whenever I lose signal (relatively frequently as I use PC input a lot), the "No Signal" screen comes up. It is way too bright and illluminates my whole room. This is especially annoying at night when it kills your eyes. 

Is it possible to change this screen somehow? I would prefer a much darker version (non animated preferably).

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Kornkamerad: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, and I will look into this for you. In the meantime please go to Home > Settings > Picture > Expert Settings and adjust the Backlight,
Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Colour, or Tint (G/R) settings manually to see if this helps.
0 Likes
sergnh
First Poster
Options

You answering some other question.

The real question is about this "screensaver". How to change it to something dark?

samsung-saver.jpg

TCr83
First Poster
Options

I'm surprised to see no one else has responded to this. The 'no signal' screen is way too bright and impossible to look at in a dark room or at night. I, too, use a HTPC as input a lot of the time and this screen really bothers me a lot. The same issue with a Playstation or really any other device that switches on and off a lot. 

Samsung, please make it possible to at least give us the option to change this into something dark!

jonpb
First Poster
Options

I would like to turn the screensaver off completely. If the screen is black, it's pretty obvious the connection is off.

p82n3doin23ld8n
First Poster
Options

I have the LS32BM801UNXGO and the no signal screen drives me nutty. I have a nice photo slide show screen saver on my computer, but at the very moment the time is up and my computer goes to sleep mode BRIGHT BLUE NO SIGNAL SCREEN. It's obnoxious and I want an option to have it disabled with the ability to turn off without a blue screen error timer. I don't need an error message EVERY SINGLE TIME my computer goes into sleep mode. 🙄

0 Likes