Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PERSISTENT CLICKING SOUND FROM 75" SAMSUNG FRAME

(Topic created on: 01-09-2023 07:30 PM)
sem00001
First Poster
Options

I have the 75" Samsung Frame - only had it for three weeks when it started to make a strange and persistent clicking noise. Regardless of what is being watched, whether it's regular TV or on an app. 

It's been rebooted and the noise still persists. Sometimes it will go an hour or two without making it then will start again and continue doing it for hours on end and it's much louder irl than in the video.

Just want to know if anyone else has had this experience? And from Samsung if they think there is a problem with the television?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@sem00001: That certainly doesn't sound right, and is not something that I have personally encountered before with our TVs. To help me understand the issue a bit better, please can you verify exactly where the sound is coming from on the TV, as it is difficult to tell in the video clip you have provided? 

0 Likes
sem00001
First Poster
Options

It's coming from the back of the television - seems to be coming from two different areas hard to pin point. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sem00001: If you mute the sound on the TV, can you still hear the clicking noise? It could potentially be thermal expansion and contraction of components within the TV, which is normal, but it typically isn't as loud as you've demonstrated in your video. 

0 Likes
sem00001
First Poster
Options

Yeah can still here it if it's muted.

If it's thermal expansion, shouldn't it happen as the TV is warming up or cooling down? The TV is clicking persistently sometimes for hours as it's being watched - is that normal?

0 Likes
ralan
First Poster
Options

I have brand new frame 85’’ and it makes like popping, sparking noises all over the screen sometimes none sometimes often. 
Very annoying. 

Solution:

At the bottom of the screen you are expected to glue rubbery blocks, as per instructions. This is the source of problem, those were all to stiff. I did place 2 kitchen sponges between tv and the wall. Viola problem went away no clicking noises again. Just cut sponges to the required thickness. 

What a solution to such expensive tv. 

0 Likes
pauld78
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my 85 frame tv, it's only 1 month old and when i have the art displayed, at times it will make a popping or crackle noise every 15-30 seconds and it seems to come from different places in the back of the TV, very odd, very annoying. 

did you figure out a solution? I would rather not start the return process for the TV, as I very much like it. but this popping, crackling noise is very annoying. 

0 Likes
Vlbi80
First Poster
Options

Good morning. Did anyone finally find a solution to this problem? A few days ago my 2022 32” frame started making small clickings.

0 Likes
DSB73
First Poster
Options

Same issue. The TV is just over one year old. 

Last night, they were happening regularly at seven second intervals. This morning, it was much more random.

0 Likes