Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optical out won't turn off

(Topic created on: 17-05-2019 11:11 PM)
Parrydave44
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Am using the optical output of my new Q6fn to a stereo amp.  Set to PCM and works fine.  

The problem is, when I switch sound output to the TV speaker, the optical output stays active and I get sound from both.  Thought I should be able to switch between the two?

Have done factory reset and tried different optical cable.

Is this normal or a fault?

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
akaVintz
Journeyman
Options

Yeah same here Onkyo connected via optical. Power test during setup turns the amp on and off so it does have control just nothing automated or a documented key press on remote.

W3BOW
First Poster
Options

I think this is ridiculous on a 2021 Qled set. It turns it on during a connection test but won’t turn it off. I have full control of my receiver otherwise with volume. I also have a Panasonic Blu-ray that it turns on but will not turn off. 

0 Likes
kouyanosenshi
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue now 

Whoever tells you that's it's normal is wrong

I've been able always to silent the soundbar by choosing the tv speakers as the main output from the navigation bar without even going into settings, now even when i do so, the volume on the soundbar keeps going 

Something else i noticed, resetting the tv with the toslink unplugged, it still showed the optical cable as a connected device... I swear to God i don't know what to do, I've tried everything

Samsung sucks when it comes to this

0 Likes
matscb
First Poster
Options

Agree. This is really bad by Samsung. I actually I consider this as completely wrong behaviour. As it works now you  still need to use two remotes for full functionality. I see two options:

1. "Best". Shut off the sound device connected when internal sound is selected and on when optical is selected. Should be possible as this is done during setup as said in a reply above..

2. "At least". Shut of the sound on the optical output when internal sound is selected. Useful when the audio device connected has auto shut off/turn on (as my has) .

This has been an issue for years. Really strange that this not is fixed late 2021.

0 Likes