Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issue: an external sound device tries to connect all the time! HELP ME guys to alert Samsung about it plz

(Topic created on: 06-07-2020 09:49 PM)
Airben
Apprentice
Options

The creation of this topic remains my last option to make Samsung react on a major software problem.
I bought a Samsung TV (model QE55Q65R) last February and since that day, I've been fighting against a notification that keeps coming back.

After a request from the US support who sent me back to the French support, unable to give me a satisfactory answer, I experience this problem every time I turn on my TV.

The problem is as follows: a headset, a sound bar or a speaker tries to continuously connect to my TV via Bluetooth. I have tried everything:
- accept the device and then delete it
- reset the television
- install an update via a USB key (that was suggested by the French support team… no comment)
- disable all my Bluetooth devices even though none of them are marked "T-10" (name of the device trying to connect)
- activate / deactivate all possible and unimaginable parameters in the Settings
- I even went around to my neighbors to see if any of them owned this "T-10" device

What I'm sure of:
- the signal's coming from a neighbor because the notification comes more often at night...
- that it is a device for diffusing sound (see photo below and video)

Device name: T-10 Do you want to broadcast TV sound via this device?Device name: T-10 Do you want to broadcast TV sound via this device?
- when I insist on connecting to the device, the TV changes sources and launches "Ambient Mode". When I do this, a few minutes lapse and the notification returns on screen

The situation is unbelievable! More than 800 euros spent on this high-end television to finally come close to a nervous breakdown every time I turn it on.

I found similar testimonials to mine, the solution is not expensive (development cost) and could be embedded in a future update: the ability to block an incoming connection.

I'm angry, disappointed, helpless and nobody at Samsung seems to understand the seriousness of the situation.
Samsung's support can't do anything, it's up to the product teams, engineers/designers to solve this problem!! The promise is not kept, and this is not an isolated case. DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!

19 REPLIES 19
Airben
Apprentice
Options

Am I the only one with this kind of problem? :face-with-rolling-eyes:

0 Likes
Ian20
First Poster
Options

Have you found a solution, please please say yes, I have the same problem. My Pop up notification is.

Bluetooth device connected. Would you like to hear the tvs sound through this device?

Device name TaiYiLian.Tec.Src

I'm just so fed up with it.

The TV is about to be launched off the balcony.

Why are Samsung not fixing this problem?

Cheers

Ian G.

0 Likes
Airben
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, no. We are a minority in this case and Samsung is turning a deaf ear. It is painful and really disappointing because it is a bug at this level...
To tell you the truth, I tried to contact some ingenious Samsung people who work in the Smart TV division, the few answers I got were from people who were disconcerted by my situation and the problem raised.

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
Can't you disable the notification in the device connection manager?
0 Likes
Ian20
First Poster
Options
I've done that, I've disabled every possible thing I can, and yet it still appears. Why aren't Samsung looking into this ???
0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
Odd. On my 7 Series I get the option to allow or deny.
If I deny then it does not show again as long as I have notification set to 'first time only'
0 Likes
Ian20
First Poster
Options
I don't have the option of " first time only" I have recently moved address and suspect a Bluetooth device next door, I will have a word with them when I get the chance.
0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
Maybe try a Bluetooth scanner app on your phone.
There is a decent one by zoltan pallagi which can possibly give you more info about the device and also has a signal strength meter which may help determine its location.
0 Likes
Ian20
First Poster
Options
Thanks for that, I will try it tomorrow
0 Likes