Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not so Smart TV

(Topic created on: 01-09-2019 11:52 PM)
srl1
First Poster
Options

Does anyone now whether the Q9FN 2018 series of televisions should keep a network connection when the TV is off?

Whilst on it is fine and I can connect my smartthings app and use it as a remote, however when the TV is off the connection is lost and the app shows TV as off-line (verified with a IP address identifyer - *****). I could not see anything in the menus that could change this.

I had a online chat with Samsung technical and they said that the app does not keep an active connection (it was the TV not the app) and cannot see the point of it then. I am worried it is a fault as my first Q9 went back with a faulty all-in-one box which would not pickup the correct display resolutions.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@srl1 wrote:

Does anyone now whether the Q9FN 2018 series of televisions should keep a network connection when the TV is off?

Whilst on it is fine and I can connect my smartthings app and use it as a remote, however when the TV is off the connection is lost and the app shows TV as off-line (verified with a IP address identifyer - *****). I could not see anything in the menus that could change this.

I had a online chat with Samsung technical and they said that the app does not keep an active connection (it was the TV not the app) and cannot see the point of it then. I am worried it is a fault as my first Q9 went back with a faulty all-in-one box which would not pickup the correct display resolutions.

Hi @srl1   Unless other issues would not seem to be a fault with the Tv, set needs to be switched on for the connection.

You may be familiar but short guide to smart Things here.

Smart Things Video

Smart Tv As a Thing

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes