Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a Smart TV

(Topic created on: 15-06-2023 07:20 PM)
Ticatee
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung TV - not a Smart TV - with a LAN adaptor, and I've connected it to my wifi. It shows PC  on screen in Source. But I can't find out how to connect my Macbook to it! It's connected to the same wifi but cannot find the tv. Can anyone offer any advice? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The lan port is primarily for uploading firmware or digital media. It has no network capability.
Ticatee
First Poster
Options

Not on this old Samsung TV - I used to use it to watch films which I had downloaded on my Samsung laptop, but that was some years ago. Still the same TV and LAN adaptor, but a Macbook now. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's a new one on me. You mentioned wifi in your post, wifi so I'm a bit confused how things are physically connected.
Can you clarify?
0 Likes
Ticatee
First Poster
Options

Goes back to 2012, I believe! I bought and used the LAN Adaptor as suddenly here in Spain we lost UK tv channels. I would download torrents on my Samsung laptop, and then connect via LAN adaptor and watch them on TV. Haven't used it now for many years. I have connected it again to my wifi - manually put in IP address etc on TV and it is up and running as connected to my wifi, and shows as PC when I press Source. Sadly I can't remember HOW I managed to play the torrents on my television via my Samsung laptop - I know I used something - a download or specific website or programme, but so much has changed in 11 years!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It may be Macbook related. Perhaps there's a setting of some sort? It may be worth making a similar post in a Macbook forum. Sadly, I can't help on that side of things because I only understand PCs, for my sins.
0 Likes
Ticatee
First Poster
Options

Thanks for trying, anyway!😘

0 Likes
Ticatee
First Poster
Options

Ooh that got me excited for a minute! But on exploration, it is to Smart TVs again. Mine is a nice but dim TV 🤣 I might just fire my old Samsung laptop up and see if THAT can connect. 

0 Likes