Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No stv player

(Topic created on: 17-06-2022 05:55 PM)
Maz6
Student
Options

STV player is no longer showing on my tv

When I  search the apps so that I can download it again, it doesn’t even show as an available app

This is a Samsung model ue32f6200  software version 2127

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Maz6  you certainly have the latest  firmware. Go to Settings -Support -Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub. 

If still issues possibility support has been withdrawn though previous information was that it was compatible with 2013 sets (which your model is),     https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a484525/stv-player-now-available-on-samsung-smart-tv/  Help guide here https://support.stv.tv/support/solutions/articles/2000007702-which-platforms-are-supported-by-stv-pl... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

Cheers JAMES4578!

But, I've had it confirmed: it's no longer possible to support the latest requirements of the STV Player on 2011-2014 (D range to H range) models due to technical limitations, and so it's been removed.

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS  Thanks for confirming, that explains it.

@Maz6  Unfortunately not now compatible with your model but other options for viewing including external devices as explained in the article I posted earlier.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Maz6
Student
Options

Thanks James 4578   Guess I’ll just have to do without on this telly

is it possible to download it to Firestick for example?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Maz6  yes ,the app is available on a Firestick.

0 Likes
anga12
First Poster
Options
Keep getting Error code BC-1-4 on my firestick
0 Likes