Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal with my PS5 and or any 8K / 4K@120 / 4K@60 4:4:4 after 2303 firmware

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 09:09 AM)
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

My Setup: Denon AVR X2700H + Denon AVS-3 + Samsung Q95T + Various inputs including PS5 Through AVS-3 and 8K input.

After the last firmware update from Samsung for my Q95T (Firmware 2303), 8k/4K@120 mode is no more working with my PS5 :(... I have been using this settings for months with no problem..... but know with the same cables and configuration...... I get "No signal" and suddenly I loose all inputs not only 8K/4K@120. After that the only way to recover video is to disable 8K/4K@120 enhanced and then power cycle the TV any idea guys ¿? has the last firmware break 8K/4K@120/4K@60 HDR 4:4:4 !!?

Please any help could be great !!!

107 REPLIES 107
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

I have got sick and tired of Samsung and it’s ***** customer service. Because of the troubles I was having ever since the firmware update, and Samsung not caring, I have decided to sell my Samsung Tv and buy an LG TV. It is absolutely brilliant, with all 2.1 ports working as they should. Samsung used to be my go to tv brand but no more I’m afraid.

Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Well, finally I have installed the new FW....

I had real hopes for this new FW....

Seems there is no regression.... but no fixes also.... Seems the display is a little bit brighter with the new FW but for the moment I have no detected more improvements neither regressions. Image corruption with Denon AVR + PS5 + No VRR is still present....

It is incredible how bad is support from Samsung.... This TV is "broken" since the beginning even though taking into account that was suppose to be the flagship model...

Samsung don't let us to downgrade also... so we have to keep a bugged FW and we cannot do anything to fix it....

Samsung, is it that difficult to test your ***** products and fix bugs instead of create them in each FW versions ¿?

FIX the FW ! The TV quality is good ! The TV was expensive ! and is still pretty new ! buying a new one has no sense ! Are you trying to force us to buy new TVs ¿? 

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

After some weeks I have to say that the last FW fixed VRR flickering problem and the brightness is much better.

About image corruption with PS5 and 4K HDR Full RGB (HDMI 2.1) and without VRR seems has been also fixed together with last Denon FW. Handshake errors has been also improved (from time to time I have to power cycle TV and the AVR because of handshake problems yet)... So the current configuration seems to be the best since 3 years....

@Tim040 I recommend you to update Denon AVR and the TV FW to 2501.2.

Finally.... 3 years after buying this TV and the Denon AVR.... all is working more or less usable...

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Awesome, great to hear! Thanks for tagging me as well, will try the updates and see if it works. Hopefully can enjoy the TV now for a few more years, after which I will never buy Samsung TV again.

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Hmm, so I tested it out this morning and I still get random glitches when playing a game without VRR. It’s not as bad as it previously was as it only occurs a little bit for a second, but it is still very annoying.

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Just to check @Istarth : which firmware is your Denon? And did you manually install 2501.2 on the TV or was this update from the TV itself? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

@Tim040 I Installed it manually as for Denon Firmware I am using 4400.4014.8012.9011. Anyway you are right... I still also get random glitches when playing a game without VRR. The reason I thought It was fixed is because in PS5 settings some time ago I configured speed transfer link at -1 in PS5 settings... with this settings colour output is YUV422 instead of full RGB... 😞 and with this setting there are no glitches (but you loose full rgb)...

So glitches still remains with PS5.... with this version also 😞

What I can firmly confirm is that VRR is working perfect in windows with NVIDIA finally ! and that brightness is much better with this FW....

With PS5 the only workaround if you play without VRR is adjusting speed transfer link to -1 as I said.... 😞

0 Likes
Arvin
First Poster
Options

I have this exact problem when I try to connect my ps5 as well as pc on 120hz. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Have you had any luck lately? Perhaps someone can give an update on how it’s going. I really need help solving this 

0 Likes