Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal with my PS5 and or any 8K / 4K@120 / 4K@60 4:4:4 after 2303 firmware

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 09:09 AM)
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

My Setup: Denon AVR X2700H + Denon AVS-3 + Samsung Q95T + Various inputs including PS5 Through AVS-3 and 8K input.

After the last firmware update from Samsung for my Q95T (Firmware 2303), 8k/4K@120 mode is no more working with my PS5 :(... I have been using this settings for months with no problem..... but know with the same cables and configuration...... I get "No signal" and suddenly I loose all inputs not only 8K/4K@120. After that the only way to recover video is to disable 8K/4K@120 enhanced and then power cycle the TV any idea guys ¿? has the last firmware break 8K/4K@120/4K@60 HDR 4:4:4 !!?

Please any help could be great !!!

107 REPLIES 107
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I doubt the ps5 could support 8k @ 120hz, 60hz at best.

In regards to 4k at 120hz (4:4:4 chroma) it's unlikely due to the ps5 being hardware capped over the 2.1 hdmi port to 32gbps. (As opposed to 40gbps on the new xbox)

Because of this 4:4:4 chroma will be (and is indeed reflected on my lg c1) downgraded to 4:2:2 at 4k-120hz/fps (10bit).
Due to the above limitations implemented by Sony over the hdmi (transfere rate/cap).

In regards to the rest of your problems regarding your tv, hopefully someone else can help as I don't own the set.

Best of luck
0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options
I doubt the ps5 could support 8k @ 120hz, 60hz at best.
I have never pretend to said It could support 8K@120Hz... neither my TV so this is not a problem....
In regards to 4k at 120hz (4:4:4 chroma) it's unlikely due to the ps5 being hardware capped over the 2.1 hdmi port to 32gbps. (As opposed to 40gbps on the new xbox)
I have never pretend to said It could support 4K@120 4:4:4... it only support 4K@60 4:4:4 or 4K@120 4:2:2.

Because of this 4:4:4 chroma will be (and is indeed reflected on my lg c1) downgraded to 4:2:2 at 4k-120hz/fps (10bit).
Due to the above limitations implemented by Sony over the hdmi (transfere rate/cap).
Correct
In regards to the rest of your problems regarding your tv, hopefully someone else can help as I don't own the set.
The problem is with 4K@120Hz 4:2:2 and 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 only AFTER last firmware and only if I use my AVR, direct connection to HDMI4 is working perfect....
Best of luck
Many thanks !
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

I have the exact same issue. Only works when directly plugging PS5 to HDMI 4, when using AVR it does not work unless turning off Input Signal Plus and powering off on -> which disables the 4k 120… needs a fix!

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Do you have the same AVR ¿? Did you update both TV and AVR ? Please give me both versions TV and AVR so we could try to know if the problem is the TV FW update or the AVR.

My versions:

AVR X2700H Firmware: 4400-7273-8074-7040
Samsung Q95T firmware: 2303.1

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Well done with the post/title edit 👏 👍

Black screen no signal is due to a incomplete handshake, do to a incompatible resolution being used that the equipment isn't capable of displaying like a resolution that's too high. All computers behave this way.

Try your console connected direct to your tv's 2.1 port, if this works then your console and TV are fine and working as advertised if that's the case your probably best asking on your avr(s) support forum.

Alternatively you could get in touch with samsung staff direct via the phone or live chat they would be in the best position to tell you if there is a issue with the last update pushed out as they would be getting complaints regarding users with avr problems.

Edit:
One final thing to add is when my tv updates the update does not actually stick until I power cycle the tv (turning the plug off for 10 seconds) the tv will say its successfully updated but it hasn't until its been powered down.
May seem stupid but if you haven't power cycled your tv with the mains plug it may be worth giving it a try.

In any event hope you get to the bottom of it.
Laters...
0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

I do have the same receiver, will check firmwares later today. Both should be on the latest as I have auto updates turned on and have reset them both since the incident occurred.

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Yes it does work when plugging directly into HDMI 4 / the HDMI 2.1 port, however the no signal issue is not a black screen but the ‘normal’ No signal screen, and this basically disables all other inputs as well. It only works when either disabling the Input Signal Plus, or plugging PS5 directly into HDMI 4.

Power cycle has been done multiple times, sadly no luck

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
It sounds like it's the avr that's having the issue then it maybe best reaching out to there support if it was Samsung software I'd assume it wouldn't work with a direct connection and would result in the same no signal. I'm not dismissing the chance it could be Samsung software but only tech support would be able to answer this (live support chat or a phone call would maybe be your best bet), personally though I'd start with the avr company given everything's working until you add that piece of hardware maybe they need to push out a update if not I'm sure they'll tell you to contact Samsung and you can pass that message onto them when using one of the contact options.

I found it a little annoying that the original poster wrote a vague thread blending 8k/4k 120hz and full chroma all together then editing the post and title with the info I provided and taking my post out of context and making it look like I didn't read the thread. However, at least it's a little more discriptive now.

With that being said I have nothing more to add so I'm done with this post, I do sincerely hope you get it sorted though. (I better get off to work lol)
Best of luck Tim
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

I am sorry but I didn´t edit / change anything in the title neither in the post (When you edit a post you can read the text "last edited"... do you see it in my first post ¿? ).... my post was not vague at all... it is very clear in my opinion... no blending at all also ! since "8K / 4K@120 / 4K@60 4:4:4" are the signals (well maybe 8K is wrong since is not supported by PS5 neither by my TV sorry ! Anyway I did explain that when I did answer you) i'm having trouble with.

And yes... the first thing I thought reading your post was that you did not read my post properly.... I have NEVER put for example "8k @ 120hz" NEVER ! neither 4K@120 4:4:4 ! and again... I have never changed the tittle neither the post... That... this is the reason why I reply you answering each of your comments....

With that being said.... after reading changelog from both firmware....

Denon changelog for last version is:

[Version: 4400-7273-8074-7040]

(1) Improve network operational stability

Samsung has touched things with hdmi 2.1 and many other things in the previous version 2301:

• Fixed an audio issue with HDMI 2.1
  • Fixed a bug with the SmartView PIN popup
  • Security has been improved
  • Audio transmission via WLAN has been improved
  • Customization of the DRM
  • The picture quality has been improved
  • Multi View has been optimized
  • YouTube has been improved
  • Fixed a bug that could cause audio dropouts when changing channels
  • Improved SmartThings compatibility
  • Network connectivity has been improved

I did not find any changelog for the last 2303 but my previous version was 22XX so the problem could be in any of the two versions.

I don't know where is the problem yet but is clearly related to the last firmware versions... and reading changelog seems more probably to be something with the samsung FW...

Hope we will find the way to fix this ! Anyway I am pretty sure that there will be no fix till we have a new FW version from the "guilty"  (Denon or Samsung)

Tim040 please can you check your versions ¿? and please do it before more updates :smiling-face:

Many thanks !!

0 Likes