Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dolby Digital if HDMI-CEC is on (PCM still works) - QN95A

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 10:12 AM)
scrollek
Journeyman
Options

Just purchased QN95A (with One Connect Box) and noticed the following behaviour:

When using HDMI-CEC functionality, TV is not sending Dolby Digital audio via either HDMI-ARC or Optical. It is simply dead quiet. PCM audio format works fine. Sometimes there is loud click when audio formats are switched before audio goes silent - like digital noise for a fraction of a second.

When HDMI-CEC is disabled, then I get both PCM and Dolby Digital audio formats via optical cable, HDMI cable in that case is not available for audio at all. The issue exists when HDMI-CEC is enabled on both AVR and TV (This is required to enable swicthing and volume control using TV remote).

Receiver is Yamaha RX-V473 (it suports HDMI-CEC, HDMI-ARC and audio formats ie. PCM, DD, DD+). Everything works without any issues with 2 year old Q80R.

Already tried: 6 various HDMI cables, resets, cold reboots, disconnecting power, etc. TV is on the latest firmware.

There are many posts regarding HDMI-CEC and ARC issues with Samsung TV but I didn't find anything about losing only Dolby Digital while PCM would still be working.

Obviously using only PCM audio format or disabling HDMI-CEC on brand new TV is not an option to me.

Any advice welcome.

26 REPLIES 26
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think you are better off waiting for Samsung to get back to you and hopefully get it sorted.
0 Likes
Edu del Olmo
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have the same problem with my old Yamaha receiver and Samsung QN95A. Any new about this issue? 

scrollek
Journeyman
Options

I gave up and returned Samsung QN95A TV.

0 Likes
Michal810
Apprentice
Options

Od kilku dni mam podobny problem. Nie działa dźwięk 5.1 tylko pcm 2.0 wcześniej wszystko było ok. Netflix, Amazon prime jak i Tv dvbt działały w 5.1 . Tv Samsung QE75Q67Aau oraz kino domowe lg z ARC

0 Likes
gotomasz
First Poster
Options

Mam dokładnie ten sam problem. 5.1 przestało działać. Zauważyłem, że stało się to po aktualizacji. Też mam kino LG. Pozostaje czekać aż to naprawią.

0 Likes
gotomasz
First Poster
Options

Jaką masz wersję oprogramowania ??

0 Likes
Kahungu K
Apprentice
Options

Any replies to this? I have the roughly same issue with a Samsung AU8000 plus a Sony HT-RT40 home theatre system. Cannot output DD via HDMI from the TV's apps like Netflix (passthrough option is greyed out in the expert sound settings). Got around this by using an Optical connection and was able to use the smart remote as a universal remote to at least be able to control the home theatre's volume - no way to control power. I am on version 2001 of the TV's software if that helps.

0 Likes
Michal810
Apprentice
Options

Mam tą samą wersję oprogramowania. Po aktualizacji tv właśnie do tej wersji dźwięk wrócił do normy. Na poprzedniej wersji oprogramowania był problem. 

0 Likes
Kahungu K
Apprentice
Options

In English please? 😅

0 Likes
Michal810
Apprentice
Options

I have the same software version. After updating the TV to this version, the sound returned to normal. There was a problem with the previous version of the software.

0 Likes