Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung TV’s cannot pick up my 5ghz wifi network

(Topic created on: 04-07-2023 06:54 AM)
J20ffy
Student
Options

So I have three Samsung TV’s in my home, all 2020 year of manufacturing and yes I know how to check the connections and none of them will show up the 5ghz wifi. Yet I have a 2012 Panasonic Tv which can pick it up. Surly Samsung should have made their tv’s to connect to a 5ghz connection. 

my router has the connections separated for the 2.4 and 5ghz so it’s not my router and all other devices can pick up the 5ghz. 

I have checked softaware updates and all TV’s are up to date. I also tried a full tv reset and again did not work.

One of my TVs product code is: 

UE43TU7020KXXU

so any insight on why Samsung TVs are rubbish when it comes to a 5ghz wifi I welcome feedback as I’m now considering changing mine as it’s rubbish.

13 REPLIES 13
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
AFAIK that model doesn't support 5ghz wifi.
0 Likes
J20ffy
Student
Options

So why does Samsung say that all their smart TVs over 2018 models can support 5ghz? That’s a bit of mid information to sell their products not really honesty is it, no wonder there is so many people on google complaining about the same issues with their TVs. I will most definitely be upgrading to a better tv quality then. Load of rubbish if you ask me 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have no idea, sorry. I have no connection with Samsung so not in a place to give an opinion.
0 Likes
Members_wquEOsv
First Poster
Options

We're into 2022 and I was so disappointed when I finally accepted I couldn't use the 5ghz band on my '21 Samsung T.V. They still wanted the £1000 though.

0 Likes
Members_wquEOsv
First Poster
Options

Why do people reply when they have no clue?

0 Likes
Athol
First Poster
Options

Your 5ghz wifi might be using a channel which is out of range, eg. too high. For example, channel 100 was not picked up but channel 36 was picked up by the television.

jkingsbury
Journeyman
Options

Same - I have a 2023 UE43CU7100 but it only connects to the 2.4Ghz channel - only device that has an issue...

0 Likes
Adie_H
First Poster
Options

OK. Just checked, only to discover I was on 2.4k. Ran Speedtest.net got 38MBs.

Manually added my 5g network and did a retest. Now 77.6MBs.

So it doesn't auto detect 5g, but will work if you manually set it up.

Weird

0 Likes
Eugenedb
First Poster
Options

This worked for me changed my router 5ghz channel to 36. Thank you

0 Likes