Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU Series & Flashes When Using External Connected Device (e.g. game console, Nvidia Shield etc.)

(Topic created on: 18-08-2020 12:16 AM)
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

For anyone experiencing the green flashes when you're using a connected device on your MU series TV, can you share your:

• Full model number;
  • Full software version (Settings > Support > About This TV);
  • External device that this is happening with (and if you’ve noticed the same with other devices);
  • Connection/port you’re using (and if it happens along other connections/ports);
  • Any troubleshooting you've done already.

Feel free to post any videos/pics showing the issue, or any other relevant info too.

Us Mods will do what we can to pass that on for you guys. 👍

27 REPLIES 27
timstack709
Explorer
Options
  • Full model number; 2017 QLED TV ( QN55Q7FAMFXZA )
  • Full software version (Settings > Support > About This TV);  1280.5
  • External device that this is happening with (and if you’ve noticed the same with other devices); Tivo Bolt+ & PS3 (while watching Blu Ray Movies don't play video games
  • Connection/port you’re using (and if it happens along other connections/ports); HDMI 1 & 2
  • Any troubleshooting you've done already. Had 2 tech visits and said there was no problems with TV. Couldn't reproduce while Tech was at home. Been intouch via emai with Samsung Engineer for about 2 years and he said they can't reproduce the "Colors of Flashes" at Lab
    Thank you

0 Likes
timstack709
Explorer
Options

Any update if this flash issue will be fixed soon with 2017 models?

0 Likes
Ali91
First Poster
Options
49 mu 8000
Version 1280.5
Xbox one x,ps4 pro,pc
I have the same flashin issue since the day i bought this tv.Such a big dissappoitment for me. i have also 2 samsung 1080p tvs.They never have such a problem like this.I m not considering to buy any samsung tv near future for ps5/seriesX....
timstack709
Explorer
Options

Mod's Any word if Samsung engineers have found the resolution to this "Flash of Colors" on the screen? I'm at my last Wits with this TV ( 2017 QLED 55 inchs )? Thank you

0 Likes
timstack709
Explorer
Options
Any update for the flashes to be resolved with a New Software version for 2017 TVs?
0 Likes
MonkeyStitch
First Poster
Options

I have been getting random, sudden bright flashes on my TV screen since sometime in Spring 2020.

They occur at random. Sometime 1 or 2 an evening, sometimes none for a days…

TV Set - UE49MU7070

Software version - 1280.5

They are usually white. But sometimes green or pink.

They are very quick. A fraction of a second. But they are very jarring, esp. when playing games, watching dark films...

They are VERY annoying, naturally!

They *only* occur on HDMI sources. Never on live TV or an internal app such as Netflix.

We have an Xbox One X, a Nintendo Switch, a PS4 Pro and a Sony 4K Blu ray player.

It has happened on all sources (except, oddly, the PS4. However, I play that less, personally)

It can happen early or late in a gaming/viewing session, so it isn't tied to a “hot running” television.

I have tried EXTENSIVE troubleshooting.

• It is not related to HDR, as it happens on HDR and non HDR sources.
  • I have tried moving the HDMI ports around, in case the PS4 had a HMDI port that wasn’t flashing. Nope – it happens on any of the four ports.
  • I have turned contrast down to 90 from 100 on all sources, to match the PS4 (which doesn’t flash)
  • I have tried replacing ALL our HDMI cables
  • I have disconnected and reconnected the TV connection box
  • I have removed all “Smart devices” connected to the TV, in case they are causing interference. I only had one - my phone I think, never used it really.
  • I have raised the connection box on four small plinths. This is to increase air circulation around it, as it gets warm…
  • Restarting TV to factory, twice.
  • Simplifying all post processing. (Removing all processes such as motion blur, Smart HBR, etc)
  • Game mode. Not Game Mode.

I am tech savvy. I am a music producer by trade, and I’ve been in tech for years.

This “feels” like a software issue, as it came about in spring 2020, all at once on multiple ports.

The only other option is that my connection box is failing…

Any ideas to troubleshoot my end? Any news on a software fix?? Do I need to try replacing my connection box?

This is a great TV, EXCEPT for this jarring flashing issue

James

0 Likes
Jayson74
First Poster
Options

This is so frustrating MU6100

1280.5 firmware 

I can no longer use this brick as it causes headaches. How annoyed am I I bought two or these bricks and have epilepsy.  Whilst I can watch the TV during the day without two much issues the jolting flash is so frustrating.

im seriously thinking of buying new TV’s.  Has anyone considered if we could claim through Australian Consumer Warranty as Samsung appear to be turning a blind eye to it.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hello and Happy Christmas,

Samsung have released a new update version 1290.3 - December 2020

More info here: Re: New update MU series

(thanks @JAMES4578 )

The good news (so far) is that it seems to have solved the "green flashes" issue for me (MU6470 + Nvidia ShieldTV 2017).

👍 Samsung, now please can we have HDR10+ ?

MonkeyStitch
First Poster
Options

I don't seem to have access to the december 2020 software (1290.3)

I have a UE49MU7070 on firmware 1280.5

Looking for an update, it says I am on the most recent firmware. 

I am in the UK... is this a staggered release?

Or is my TV not one that is supported?

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @MonkeyStitch 

Have you tried the Samsung website?

I see it here:                        Download