Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model QE55Q7FAM "About this TV" constantly popping up

(Topic created on: 22-11-2020 05:46 PM)
chrisdonnelly
First Poster
Options

When using the TV every now and again the "About This TV" window will pop up, with options for "Open Source Licence", "QR Code" and "Close". When closing this window after around five minutes the same window will appear and pause whatever the TV is currently playing. 

How can I fix this problem?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Hina1
Journeyman
Options

I’m getting the same error, did you find out how to resolve it?

0 Likes
Emma09
Apprentice
Options
Me too. Can anyone help?
0 Likes
Hina1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Emma I did. Turns out a couple of buttons are jammed on my remote. Try taking the batteries out of the remote you use and see what happens. I ended up buying a new remote.

0 Likes
Hina1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Emma I did. Turns out a couple of buttons are jammed on my remote. Try taking the batteries out of the remote you use and see what happens. I ended up buying a new remote.

Emma09
Apprentice
Options
Aw thank you so much for replying. We have another Samsung tv upstairs and have swapped the remotes and it's still doing it. Our red light is flashing too. Was yours doing that?
0 Likes
Hina1
Journeyman
Options

Do you still have batteries in the remote even though you swapped it with another tv? I can’t remember if the light was flashing sorry but I had two remotes (magic remote and regular). Samsung support told me to take the batteries out the regular one and the error never came back. The jammed buttons weren’t obvious to the eye.

Emma09
Apprentice
Options
You are a star! I never use the magic remote so just took the batteries out of that one and it's stopped!!! Thank you so much 😊

Hina1
Journeyman
Options

No problem, glad you got it sorted x

Haze1010
First Poster
Options

I'm also getting this exact error. Along with the flashing light at the power button and the AI constantly repeating the serial number. Also when this happens only responsive buttons are Exit and the left arrow, every button outside of those two results in a "Not available" pop up. 

Chanģed battery, checked the buttons everytime to the point I accidentally took the INFO button straight off. It may be simply that when this happens you have to replace the remote. 

0 Likes