Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCM support QLED 2020?

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 02:41 PM)
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Sonos recently updated their soundbars to have multichannel LPCM support. I have a PS5 and I am trying this on my Q85T. However, using passthrough on TV and LPCM on PS5, I get Stereo 2.0 output. I asked Samsung and they said that the Q85T does NOT have LPCM support!? Is this true? Seems like such an oversight on Samsung's part. 

Instead, I use passthrough on TV and Dolby Bitstream on PS5 and it gives me DD 5.1, which is good but not as good as LPCM. 

101 REPLIES 101
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

To be honest, this was the first time I purchased a tv and seeing how nothing is being fixed with eARC + LPCM is disappointing. Pretty sure I won’t recommend this brand to buy TVs due to the fact that the issues that can be fixed by firmware update is not being implemented, and also because of a feature they advertised is actually not present in the tv.

Galaxy_Echo
Explorer
Options

There is still no answer from Samsung ? That's very arrogant since you keep ignoring customers' bug reports as if they are just some meaningless noise.

I'm very regret buying Samsung TV.

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

They don't acknowledge this issue, so don't expect a fix anytime soon.

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

I have same problem. PS5 connected to TV and trying to send Linear PCM (DD5.1) to my avr.

6 months ago I complained about this and yesterday I received a solution. Are you ready? Here it comes:

"This is a compatibility issue between the tv and the amplifier, we ask the customer to try using the ps5 without connecting the amplifier and see if this helps."

Boom!!! I am speechless. There is not a single Gif, meme or any emoji what can describe my face or feeling the moment I read the solution.

I really thought that the hollywood has the best sitcom screenwriters but I was wrong. 

Please comment. I am too stunned to even thing what they were thinking of. 

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

Well to be honest, I don’t know what to do either. After being told that LPCM was only available from the TV speaker and not eARC was…. might as well remove eARC. Advertising a feature that does not work 

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

Today I got an email from support:

They admit that they have wrong information on their web sites about this. Pass-through function will not work with LPCM5.1. 

I have saved all the documents where this is promised to work (finnish language). I suggest that you will do the same. They might change their web sites soon. Take backups and make reclamation. I will get to return my tv. 

Do this fast!

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

So basically instead of fixing it, they will remove LPCM off the manual like it never existed.

Well … not surprised after being told that LPCM “is available via TV speaker” which I still find puzzling. I do not think I can return this tv unless it can be without a box.

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

I do not any box either and still I can return it. They mentioned that switch to 2021 Q80A is possible. They said that in that the pass-through works. I do not even want to try it. The trust has gone. Now it is time to select something else.

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

Forgot to edit my previous reply but anyway an extension from it. It took them 1 year to admit that it was wrong. When they replied, they basically lied to me hoe it works only tv speakers but who would believe that to begin with. You said a “switch to 2021 Q80A” is possible but does LPCM even work on that TV?

0 Likes
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

I really do not know, but it is 100% sure that I will never even try it.

0 Likes