Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard not working on smart Samsumg Youtube app

(Topic created on: 22-01-2019 10:07 AM)
Sampa
Apprentice
Options

I've already tested multiple keyboards for the Youtube app in the Samsung Smart TV (MN : UE49MU6292) but it still doesnt work. The Youtube App seems to be the only one from all the TV apps that is incompatible with any wireless keyboard. Some of the keys like the arrows and 'enter' are working but not any of letters or numbers.

Can Samsung contact Youtube/Google for this sotware fixing issue?

(update: the BT App is also not working with a keyboard)

36 REPLIES 36
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Sampa.

Does the on screen keyboard work using the remote on this paticular app? 

0 Likes
Sampa
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the remote arrows works well.

There is an issue with all the keyboards in general. As I mentioned the arrows and key "enter" works but none of the other keys as the letters.

The YouTube app is the only one of this issue which is about a setup fixing between Samsung and Youtube.

thanks

AndrewL
Options
When Youtube is open please try placing the keyboard close to the TV and hitting 'Refresh' to scan for available devices again. I understand that this is not ideal and apologise for any inconvenience you've experienced.
0 Likes
Sampa
Apprentice
Options

Is the Refresh in the TV Settings?

0 Likes
grtblu
First Poster
Options
Spoiler
Samsung has one of the worst smart TV user interfaces on the market. There are other lousy ones as well. The TV world ought to just license decent browsers from Google or Microsoft, or Mozilla and stop trying to build their own crippled and almost unusable interfaces. 
Whodini
Apprentice
Options

I too am experiencing the same as above. Only difference is that the YouTube app will accept number keys from my keyboard. Everything else is the exact same as above. I own a 2018 75" Q9 and a Logitech K83 wireless keyboard.

Need a solution. No idea what you mean by refresh either. This is not a pc.

Sampa
Apprentice
Options

As a follow up the Keyboard is working now although with the 'Caps Lock' inverted.

Amir6
First Poster
Options

How did you solve the issue?

0 Likes
Whodini
Apprentice
Options

Tell me specifically how you solved the problem please. I'm still having the same issue.

0 Likes