Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard not working on smart Samsumg Youtube app

(Topic created on: 13-10-2020 02:12 PM)
Sampa
Apprentice
Options

I've already tested multiple keyboards for the Youtube app in the Samsung Smart TV (MN : UE49MU6292) but it still doesnt work. The Youtube App seems to be the only one from all the TV apps that is incompatible with any wireless keyboard. Some of the keys like the arrows and 'enter' are working but not any of letters or numbers.

Can Samsung contact Youtube/Google for this sotware fixing issue?

(update: the BT App is also not working with a keyboard)

36 REPLIES 36
apo13
First Poster
Options

Ok, but this is a Samsung problem as well. I've purchased my Samsung TV with smart feature together with "recommended" Samsung Keyboard. I've noticed the YouTube app is not responsive to this keyboard, as well as embedded browser is very poor in control. We understand these apps maybe are not developed by Samsung. But we as customers who buyed all these products as advertised, we claim Samsung to be responsible with their Clients and check these compatibilities before selling products. Also we claim Samsung to push for an update all apps that are in incompatibility with their hardware otherwise they shouldn't be included in the "smart" package. 

Ricardo27
First Poster
Options

The issue is unthinkable... Why would I buy a tv keyboard if it doesn't work on YouTube in 2020?

klmartin1007
Student
Options

I mean, right?!! I STILL can't feet mine too work with 98% if this crappy TV. Also, I know I should go to a different feed to say this but I'm just gonna throw it out to yall... Every other device in our home hold a consistent, string internet connection. Not this tv though.... Nope. It's been nothing but a huge bag of problems, with a ridiculously designed remote! (Hence me wanting b the keyboard, lol). It's very frustrating. 

guustflater72
First Poster
Options

This is the best alternative for using a keyboard and mouse with youtube on samsung smart tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbUkM9_EGrA&feature=emb_logo 

0 Likes
formateur
First Poster
Options

Hi,

same problem here with the Logitech K400+ with TV Samsung model : UN55KU6290FXZC

The K400+ works fine for months with YouTube and all the other applications :  WebServer, Weather, YouTube . . . for years.

But now on "Search" of YouTube all key number works fine, but not the letter keys and the Enter Key.

As an example, letter "a" shows as "u+0061", letter "s" shows as "u+00073" and so on for all the letter keys.

Those "u+00XX" seams like "unicode" language.

Take note the problem is only with YouTube, the K400 works fine with the other applications.

Anybody as a solution !

0 Likes
Galane
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with the u+ numbers. Some of the keys do nothing. Looks like someone at YouTube screwed up and they've zero interest in fixing it. Keyboards used to work with the YouTube app.

0 Likes
TV - un55ku6300f
First Poster
Options

Same to me.. ☹️ Any solution to this ??

0 Likes