Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

itvhub/x on smart tv

(Topic created on: 09-03-2023 08:03 PM)
brianedward
Student
Options

Similar issue to recent posting about ITV streaming on smart TV. 

We have a Dec 2015 TV (UE40JU674OU). ITV hub/x do not come up when I search in Apps on the TV and neither is currently loaded on TV. Other free streaming services work fine (iPlayer, All4). 

Any advice welcomed

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I remember seeing that the ITVX isn't showing up on all smart tv
0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @brianedward ,

Official statement on this one:

"The ITV Hub application hosted on Samsung’s Smart TV Platforms is entirely owned, supported & controlled by ITV

ITV have taken the decision to change their service in order to present a greater range of content to their viewers in future. Due to technical limitations it has not been possible for them to enable this new service to run on Samsung’s older Smart TV platform meaning when the current service ITV Hub comes to its end of life the new one will not appear on Samsung Smart TVs built & sold between 2012 2015

Your Samsung Smart TV can display content from a third party Smart device connected by HDMI, for details of which devices can support the new ITV X application, please contact ITV https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us"

Brian007
Navigator
Options
I'd recommend getting a Fire Stick.
brianedward
Student
Options

Thanks for the advice. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some more information here on compatible Devices.  There will be themed channels known as Fast channels and a premium tier   available   for £5.99 monthly (£59.99 annually)  which will be ad free.  The main ITVX  will be free and ad funded.  Britbox will become part of the premium mix (having bought out the BBC share)

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/itv/160285-what-is-itvx-streaming-service-from-itv-explained 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_uFrovq5
Apprentice
Options

Similar query - I have ue40hs400, is it possible to get ITVX on that?  If so, how do I do it.

0 Likes
Members_83BCywr
First Poster
Options

I am no expert, but since you have received no replies... my impression is that the H says that have a 2014 model and will therefore not support ITVX.  A popular workaround seems to be an Amazon FireTV stick (ITVX has a longer list of compatible devices)

0 Likes
TerryT11
Student
Options

I have a LT32E390SX smart tv bought in 2017, and ITVX is not available on this either.

Members_Uh4Kh8o
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my LT32E390SX, did you ever get an answer on this please?